Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by nrosser
    I <may> have gone through the same thing, albeit with a different outcome.

I also changed something on the web site, which resulted in a vision connection problem. I changed my password, since I couldn't remember the old one. Here's how my process went, with an ultimate good result, step by step:

1. Went onto the web site, could not remember password for the Vision side, changed it.
    2. Went onto my Treo, in network prefs (Prefs/Network), hit 'Modify', changed the Password to be the same as what I had put in the web side.
    (and 2 and 3 might have been reversed in order - they happened at about the same time)
    3. My Treo rec'd a 'network settings update' notice thing - I let it do its thing. Seemed like it powered on and powered off, and then reconnected to Sprint provisioning (kind of like when I first activated the device). The phone appeared to do whatever it should have been doing, all fine. But - when it tried to connect to the data side, I got the same Error 67 - User name and password thing. Note that I'd seen this before, under different circumstances, and was not concerned about seeing that error. In previous situations, it's gone away on its own. So fine, I'm thinking.
    4. I wait a little bit - maybe 10/15 minutes. Try to connect to the data side again - same error 67. 2 or 3 more tries give me the same thing. A little perturbed now.
    5. Call into CS - they tell me to wait for the network to catch up to the password change I made on the web - that password has to be passed around to all the various sites.
    6. I wait about 10 more minutes. Still error 67.
    7. Back to the website, to make another password change, JUST to be sure. I also make the password change on the Treo, again, to keep them in sync.
    8. I wait about 30 minutes - log into the data side just fine. All good and working as it should be.

So - for all the stories I see here - have you guys gone into your Treos and changed your settings (user name/password) to match what you put on the web? That might be a key item.

See what you think.
    Have already tried it. Didn't work. Glad to hear it worked but not for me. When did you have the problem?
    this issue was one I created on my own, Sunday afternoon.
    This happened to me when I first transferred over from the T300. Voice would work but the auto config for vision kept spitting back the error 67. The tech rep I got at SPCS CS was actually pretty decent. He had me enter ##3282 at the dial pad which brought up an administrative screen for vision. To modify the username and password, I pressed the modify button and typed in 249934, a number the rep gave me (I don't know if this is specific for your phone). For the username I entered <username>@sprintpcs.com where <username> is obviously my username and for the password I used the one I created when I originally signed up for vision. (Glad I remembered it!!!). For HA password, I left it blank. The rep also gave me the primary and secondary HAs which are 068.028.113.077 and 068.028.121.077 respectively. After that, Vision was able to configure correctly and download the necessary files. Since then, it's been gravy.

Hope this helps someone out there.

CJ
    This is driving me crazy!!!!
    Can't we OFFICIALLY find out if it is........
    A) Sprints problem in L.A.
    or
    B) Handheld problem

Sprint told me Saturday it was on their end (after an hour on the phone of downloads).

Now we think we can fix it our our end?

AHHHHHH
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I have tried all of the above suggestions to no avail. Nothing seems to work. I am going to ask them to try and re-setup my account as this is getting to be rediculus!
    John
    Please let us know what the result is!
    Originally posted by Mort
    This is driving me crazy!!!!
    Can't we OFFICIALLY find out if it is........
    A) Sprints problem in L.A.
    or
    B) Handheld problem

Sprint told me Saturday it was on their end (after an hour on the phone of downloads).

Now we think we can fix it our our end?

AHHHHHH
    It's probably not specific to LA, as I'm having the same problem in Denver, CO
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I went on the web site and changed the user name to a name it provided from a list when it didn't accept my user name. After awhile it reprovisioned the phone. Suddenly I had Vision service, well sort of - I was connected, but the browser could not bring up any web site. I went to check my settings and I lost my vision connection. Back to error 67.

It seems that it is related to a user changing the username on their web site. Clearly they have major bugs on their website software. You can make a change and go back to the site and the change has dissapeared. Then you go back and the option to make changes is gone.

I am ready to screammmmmm.....
    John
    Originally posted by barjohn
    I went on the web site and changed the user name to a name it provided from a list when it didn't accept my user name. After awhile it reprovisioned the phone. Suddenly I had Vision service, well sort of - I was connected, but the browser could not bring up any web site. I went to check my settings and I lost my vision connection. Back to error 67.

It seems that it is related to a user changing the username on their web site. Clearly they have major bugs on their website software. You can make a change and go back to the site and the change has dissapeared. Then you go back and the option to make changes is gone.

I am ready to screammmmmm.....
    Its not related to the web changes. It happend to me yesterday as all I was doing was driving. I did manage to get vision support to reprovision my phone - I'll just have to wait and see if this fixes it.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    It may be more than one problem. I find that I can log on their web site and change the user name. It accepts the change and sends it to the phone; however, it appears that the name must actually be in use by someone else because when I go back the name at the top bar is not changed. When I try and change it again to the name I selected it gives me a name in use error and won't let me assign it. The same is true for other names I have tried. Now, after setting it to one of its selected names it is letting me connect but I can't get to any URL. I get an access denied error!@#$%$@!#
    John
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    What I discovered is that I am logging on to provisioning and it establishes a connection. However; I'm not sure what I can do with that connection once I have it. I get to that by selecting provision from the network preference page and where for service it normally shows Vision Service, I select from the drop down list Provisioning.

Anyone have any ideas?
    John
    Tier 2 Tech 'Steve' fixed my problem. After trying just about everything he finally just "suspended my data services". Which apparently is like shutting Vision off to me (e.g. not paying, etc.). That basically 'expires' my passwords. He then reinstated the data services. He told me that it would take about two hours for the changes to take effect and he would call me back to try the fixes. Sure enough he called back, we re-provisioned the phone and IT WORKED!!!

So, you may want to call support (888-788-4727) and ask for tier 2 support. The CS rep will send you to tier 1, ask again to be sent to tier 2. The tier 1 gatekeepers may require you to have them try and help, once they fail (of which they will!) demand to talk to tier 2. Once you have reached the promised land, have them suspend your data services. If our problems are related, it should fix the problem.

Good Luck!

p.s. The "Tech Guy Steve" temple is currently being errected in my front yard...All Hail Steve! Those of you with Error 67 problems will understand my excitement...
    OK. Just got off the phone with Tier 2 support, and they have suspended and restarted my service. Now I have a 2 to 4 hour wait.

Wish me luck!!!! I'll let you know.
    Originally posted by nrosser

So - for all the stories I see here - have you guys gone into your Treos and changed your settings (user name/password) to match what you put on the web? That might be a key item.

See what you think.
    I've already tried that, and it didn't work.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Where are you all located? I have talked to several reps and they all claim that the reprovisioning server is being upgraded and that anyone making any changes from Saturday on is experiencing the problem. The last rep I just got off the phone with has shut down and restarted my dataservice and is monitoring. He said he will call me when he sees it go through.

Here is hoping!!
    John
    I'm in Northern VA.
    I'm experiencing the problem too in Irvine, CA. Made the mistake of changing my Vision username/password last night on the website, and have been dead ever since.

Called this morning, and they had me change the password, and was told it should work in 2 hours. Didn't. Then I called, and they said that provisioning was backed up, and would be done by 6pm (mountain time?). Still is dead.

It would be nice if they all could get their stories straight...
    Experiencing the dreaded 67 error here in Chicago after making the mistake of changing my username yesterday on the web site. After several attempts at reprovisioning, I too asked tier 2 to just suspend / restore service. After looking at my account, this tech decided the service overall was so messed up that he decided to completely cancel my account and rebuild everything from scratch! I'm now supposed to wait until the phone reprovisions again and then go back to the dreaded web site to change my password there to the same one I have entered in the network setup preferences page. He seemed to be concerned that I had touched that in earlier attempts to fix things.

Well, we'll see what happens now!

BTW - someone earlier mentioned that they could get connected, but then not see any web sites. Check if your phone is going to the "PCS Provisioning" connection or the "PCS Vision" connection. With the former, you will connect but get a access denied error message in Blazer.
    Grr, should have read this thread. Changed by username and now I am getting the 67 error. Will let it sit for an hour or two and then see.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Teir 2 claims that by 11:00PM central time all of the provisioning/authentication servers should be back up. Apparently, they decided to do an upgrade this weekend and ran into unexpected problems. Makes me wonder about their IT department.

Normally, one would test in a local area first, then if problems were apparent, roll back to the previous version until they figured out what was causing the problem. It seems, that despite finding problems they decided to continue the roll-out.

Let's see if they were BSing me with the 11 central time.
    John
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast