1.    #1  
    Anyone else having problems with GPRS in NYC? Was working fine until yesterday. Nothing installed or anything. Now when I try and get mailed, it eventually gives me the error that it can't connect to the servers, and when I use Blazer, when receiving data (before anything shows on the screen), the Treo totally craps out. And seems to freeze.

Anyone else?
    I haven't been able to use GPRS in Boston since at least Wednesday of last week. Found this article on Wired about lost Blackberry service and I'm guessing its the same issue. T-Mobile's only response so far to my email has been to tell me to check my settings, I figure I'll try to call them later today.

www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,60663,00.html
  3.    #3  
    interesting.... I can connect to gprs, but can't receive data...
    ov vey, since last monday I have been having issues.

At times I was not able to connect.
    at time I would connect, but could not get data.
    soft resets didnt always work
    turning off wireless and back on didn't always work.

i called them on friday. and thankfully it didnt work while on the phone with the wireless data group. he said he put a ticket in with the engineers, but i have not heard back.

too busy today to see if it was any better.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Felipe
    ov vey, since last monday I have been having issues.

At times I was not able to connect.
    at time I would connect, but could not get data.
    soft resets didnt always work
    turning off wireless and back on didn't always work.

i called them on friday. and thankfully it didnt work while on the phone with the wireless data group. he said he put a ticket in with the engineers, but i have not heard back.

too busy today to see if it was any better.
    Thanks... I'm gonna hold off on the hard reset for a few days to see if this clears up by itself.

Basically, in email, i get servers not available. In blazer, the treo freezes up when "receiving" data...
    I have had the same problems for about a week now and called T-Mo Friday afternoon. Had issues while on with tier 2, they admitted that they were having issues all over New England....no ETA on fixing it. He gave me a $5 credit....big deal.

-Joe
    I had similar problems using T-Mobile GPRS in Boston. Blazer would start to load a page, show it was complete (when it wasn't), start to download again, then freeze. No problem with a dial-up ISP and, strangely, no problem using PQAs.

Fortunately, I decided to check the discussion group before doing a hard reset.
  8.    #8  
    ^^^^^

Mine started working again today. Again, fortunately, I came here before doing the recommended hard reset!
    Same here in Boston!! Have not been able to do much with each GPRS connection. Blazer hangs the whole device when the problem occurs, SnapperMail just can't fetch anymore but doesn't hang the device.