1.    #1  
    I'm currently a T-Mo subscriber. I've been pretty happy with their Cust Svc but their coverage in my area (upstate NY) has been spotty. Their data is expensive too (compared to T300/Sprint).

Cingular just started offering service in my area. They insist that their GSM coverage is as good as their TDMA digital coverage - which is pretty darn good. The rep is also telling me that they are going to turn up EDGE on their network in November. So far this rep has given me a bunch of predictions and he's usually a month off so I'd say December is realistic.

In any case, the current shows $6.99/MB. That's a fortune. Does anyone have experience with Cingular's GPRS? Is it realiable / speedy? Is it really that expensive?

Also, T-Mo has roaming agreements with everyone. When I travel I never have a problem. Does Cingular have those same agreements?
    Originally posted by gkaatz
    I'm currently a T-Mo subscriber. I've been pretty happy with their Cust Svc but their coverage in my area (upstate NY) has been spotty. Their data is expensive too (compared to T300/Sprint).
    You are on the unlimited data plan for $20 right?

the 600 wont do edge, so it wont be a benefit for you.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    I realize the T600 won't do EDGE but I'd like to be on a carrier that supported (for the T700

The T600 will do GPRS though so my question still holds.