Who offers the best deal on GPRS with a PAYG account? I have a Treo 180 (150 quid from dabs.com - bargain) and I went for O2, but other posts in this forum seem to imply that O2, PAYG and GPRS don't go together.

Can someone who has a Treo 180 with a PAYG tariff please tell me a) what network they are using, and b) what settings they use? :-) I'm happy to throw away my O2 SIM and get another one (I've only had it a week) if it means GPRS will work...

Gerv
    I did the same, bought a 180 from DABS 'cos it was cheap. Have been a luddite concerning mobile phones 'til now 'cos they don't do enough re browsing and email.
    I bought a Vodafone PAYG sim card, and then rang the help line. They will enable GPRS on your number.
    The setup details are:
    Http://wap:1999/vodafone.wml
    pp.vodafone.co.uk
    ip 212.183.137.12
    secure
    wap@vodafone.net
    password: wap

So far have had a connection everywhere in the UK - even on the Isle of Raasay. Web browsing works well, signed up for the vodafone email service which gives webnmail as well as pop3/smtp. Also allows emails to be sent as SMS and faxes.
    So far has not cost a lot, still using up the original 20 quid after 4 weeks.
    Originally posted by AliT
    I did the same, bought a 180 from DABS 'cos it was cheap. Have been a luddite concerning mobile phones 'til now 'cos they don't do enough re browsing and email.
    My situation exactly.
    I bought a Vodafone PAYG sim card, and then rang the help line. They will enable GPRS on your number.
    The setup details are:
    Http://wap:1999/vodafone.wml
    pp.vodafone.co.uk
    ip 212.183.137.12
    secure
    wap@vodafone.net
    password: wap
    Is there a difference between WAP GPRS and "Internet GPRS"? The Treo email support seemed to imply that there was.
    So far have had a connection everywhere in the UK - even on the Isle of Raasay. Web browsing works well, signed up for the vodafone email service which gives webnmail as well as pop3/smtp. Also allows emails to be sent as SMS and faxes.
    I think the Treo does that anyway - at least, mine does. But it might be a special O2 thing.

Great, so we know Vodaphone works. Anyone got any other carriers working?

Gerv