1.    #1  
    Anyone hear anything about this ?

If true, $30 is still too much, but better than the current plans I guess. Don't understand the VPN part. Is this plan only for ppl who use VPN ?
    Last edited by Felipe; 06/11/2003 at 07:25 AM.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Hey Felipe... why can't they give us the same deal as they do with the new color Sidekick... $20.00 unlimited data? Thanks for the heads up on the rumored plan. I check Tmobile's site every day for news of a better plan. I'll remain with CSD until they come up with a decent all you can eat plan.
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
  3.    #3  
    RiverBruce,

I'm with you. I want the sidekick option too. And like you I'll stick with csd.
    Felipe
    Me three!
    As you've probably noticed already from the front page of TC...its $20 for Unlimited GPRS when added on to a phone plan of $29.99 or higher...

If you go to T-Mobile's site, and choose a phone and a plan over $29.99, you get the option to add unlimited T-Mobile Internet for $19.99 a month.

So it should be as simple as just calling T-Mo to add this to your account or have your current Internet plan changed.

I'm currently paying $19.99 for 10 MB...so my monthly bill won't get any smaller, but at least I won't have to worry about going over my MB (which has never actually happened) and can use GPRS with reckless abandon!
    After reading these forums I just called T-Mo (3PM eastern, Wed.) and added the unlimited data service for $19.99. At first the CS person was pretty clueless (helpful, but clueless) and I was sent to a "tier 2" person from the "Wireless Data Group," and even he was unaware of the new pricing. He asked me which plan I wanted, I told him as of today there was only one plan, he checked it out and set me up. He offered me VPN or non-VPN service, and I opted for non. Can anyone comment on the pros/cons of VPN?

Anyway, I'm all signed up relatively quickly. I haven't tested it yet as it takes up to 2 hours to kick in.

Thanks.
    -mbd26
    Yep it's true. I had it added to my plan this morning. Whoooopiee $19.99 all you can eat!
    OK, after only about 10 minutes I tried Blazer and Eudora mail using my new Data plan and bingo! Works great! I'm especially happy because using dial-up (via No-Charge in Seattle) I wasn't able to access my email for some bizarre reason, no matter how much I played with the settings. But now it is perfect.
    -mbd26
    T-Mobile Customer Care just told me that TMO and ATT just signed an agreement to share service areas (cell sites), expanding both to include the other. Maybe that's not news for you, but it was for me. Just switched to unlimited. Good deal.
    When I called T-Mobile to upgrade last night, even the data services person didn't know what was going on. She told me that the new $19.99 unlimited data plan was just for Hot Spots -- which wasn't true. I found this guy's email address on another forum -- ashley.francis@t-mobile.com -- and he get me all set up via email. So, if you're looking to add a data plan, you might just want to shoot him an email. Saves you hold times and a clueless rep...
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by euangel
    When I called T-Mobile to upgrade last night, even the data services person didn't know what was going on. She told me that the new $19.99 unlimited data plan was just for Hot Spots -- which wasn't true. I found this guy's email address on another forum -- ashley.francis@t-mobile.com -- and he get me all set up via email. So, if you're looking to add a data plan, you might just want to shoot him an email. Saves you hold times and a clueless rep...
    the two reps I spoke to about this didn't know about it either, but they were willing to look it up.
    Felipe
  12.    #12  
    oh BTW, does anyone have the official tmo release on this? I would like to see it in writing from them.
    Felipe
    T-Mo signed me up. I was passed up to a data services rep, but they didn't have too much trouble. They were not aware of the plan yet, so I directed them to the web page.

http://www.t-mobile.com/tmobile_internet/rates.asp

Of course I haven't gotten my first new bill yet either.
  14.    #14  
    Originally posted by jaytee
    T-Mo signed me up. I was passed up to a data services rep, but they didn't have too much trouble. They were not aware of the plan yet, so I directed them to the web page.

http://www.t-mobile.com/tmobile_internet/rates.asp

Of course I haven't gotten my first new bill yet either.
    Hmm. Did you see: "Requires activation fee "

No one mentioned a fee when I jumped on the plan.

Okay 300 sms messages.
    Felipe
    Originally posted by Felipe

Okay 300 sms messages.
    they never mentioned it to me either, but I was signing up for the $19.99 plan that is available if you have a qualifying voice plan (over $29.99).

Okay 300 sms messages.
    It's only the stand-alone plan that requires activation fee. We're all safe. Whew!
    Originally posted by elysian9
    T-Mobile Customer Care just told me that TMO and ATT just signed an agreement to share service areas (cell sites), expanding both to include the other. Maybe that's not news for you, but it was for me.
    This IS news to me! Does this mean that you will be able to roam from one network to another? Or is it not quite that?

I have no T-Mobile reception in my home, but AT&T Wireless works, but when I try to change the carrier to ATW, my phone has been saying that I wasn't allowed to sign on to the network. I would LOVE to finally be able to do that.
  18.    #18  
    guys/gals, what do the symbols mean now that I have gprs enalbled?

all day today i had a small triangle above the bars, but could not connect via grrs. I just thought I was out of range or something, even though I could still use the phone.

But, when I got home I still could not connect. After a reset, I was able to connect again.

tia.
    Felipe
    guys/gals, what do the symbols mean now that I have gprs enalbled?

all day today i had a small triangle above the bars, but could not connect via grrs. I just thought I was out of range or something, even though I could still use the phone.

But, when I got home I still could not connect. After a reset, I was able to connect again.

tia.
    The little triangle means that you are provisioned for GPRS, i.e., your phone can connect via GPRS. The reset of the treo is sometimes necessary after a new provisioning to be able to connect.