1.    #1  
    From what I just read on here, it looks like Treos now work with ATT. I'm pleasantly surprised. I thought that (as a Treo 270 owner) that they only worked with T-Mobile or Cingular. If anyone can confirm that you can actually switch from T-Mobile to ATT now, and that they have better data plans, that would be great. (I thought it strange that when I hit "Search for Network" it actually gives me the option of T-Mobile or ATT!)

I was living in NYC before the GPRS patch was available, and I would dial into my local service provider to use Blazer. When I moved here to Chicago a few months ago, GPRS became available, but I didn't download the patch because I didn't use the internet function that much (it was pretty slow before), and T-Mobile's data packages seemed ridiculous. Any advice? I'm out of my one year contract with T-Mobile now, so I'm free to switch. I just didn't realize there was any option other than Cingular.... Also, it seems silly to not take advantage of the full ability of the Treo.
    if you have an unlocked treo, you shouldn't have any problem using it with ATT.

I would do a search for ATT on this, there were a couple of threads on using the treo with att.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    look at a coverage map T-mobile blows ATT out of water on GPRS coverage - and their rates are better 2 : unlimited

it would be stupid to switch -Also I use T-Mobile Blackberry and nyc/chicago coverage is great
    enjoying life