1.    #1  
    I am testing the GPRS pilot in Costa Rica with the Treo 180 and having problems with the setup and logging in.

Other handset users (Nokia, Motorola) have no problems. I believe it may be related to the fact that my service provider does NOT require authentication.

Does anybody has experience with GPRS without username/password authentication? Any other ideas?

Thanks
    So where is the problem exactly? Does it connect but you cannot get any IP feed to Blazer or a mail app?

You are using the same APN settings presumably on each phone. I suspect the problem is that the APN you are using is intended for WAP usage. Try to get the APN settings for a wireless modem - this APN usually has full IP access to the net and will let you work with Treo. WAP APNs generally do not work.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Poryphyron
    So where is the problem exactly? Does it connect but you cannot get any IP feed to Blazer or a mail app?

You are using the same APN settings presumably on each phone. I suspect the problem is that the APN you are using is intended for WAP usage. Try to get the APN settings for a wireless modem - this APN usually has full IP access to the net and will let you work with Treo. WAP APNs generally do not work.
    Poryphyron, I solved the issue last week. Thanks anyway!

You were in the right direction, settings provided were mainly for WAP phones. Those need to share a fixed IP address and the Treo wasn't working properly. I changed the network settings to get an automatic IP and it works like a charm. (I guess I may be the only one using a different address being 1 of 2 known Treos in CR! :-)

I used BMeter and getting around 3K/sec steady which is acceptable. Next, I'm trying to get Pdanet to work with my laptop and check data throughput. Will keep the forum posted.

Thanks!