1.    #1  
    Has anyone been able to configure a Treo 180 to connect to Netzero?

I'm just about to be booted off my campus dial-up connection and on a friend's recommendation signed up for Netzero. The software, dial-up connection and configuration of Outlook for my new Netzero e-mail account all work fine from my desktop but nothing seems to work from my Treo.

Problem #1: I get "Please check your username and password" error when I try to connect to Netzero as an ISP.

And what's even weirder is problem #2: when do I connect (using my campus dial-up connection -- 25 hours left and counting), I can't check my new pop.netzero.com e-mail using One-Touch, even though I've set it up using exactly the same POP, SMTP, port etc. settings as I did for Outlook.

Any suggestions?

I have a Treo 180 with T-Mobile (no upgrade to GPRS).
    The Netzero website gave me this answer:

http://www.netzero.net/support/start/requirements.html

NetZero does NOT support the following operating systems: Macintosh, Windows 3.11 or earlier, Windows CE, Palm OS, Sega Dreamcast, Sony Playstation 2, Microsoft X-Box, Web TV, Unix/Linux for PC/Mac, and Mobile Phone Web.

I think it's because they use proprietary connection scripts and software, that just can't be run on the Palm OS.
    There are plenty of other cheapie ISPs that work well with the Treo... try Avon. (http://home.avon.net). I have used it with the Treo and it works fine.

They have their own installer/dialer but you don't need it. Just setup a dialup networking shortcut with your assigned username and password and get a dialup number from the Avon or UUNet/Worldcom site.
    I use www.budgetdialup.com What is cool about them is that you pre-pay for internet access and unused access rolls over to the next month. For example, I paid $3.95 for 10 hrs. I don't pay again until the 10 hrs runs out. So if I use only 5 hrs/mo then I pay $3.95 every other month. They also give you an included 5 MB POP3 mail account that I wirelessly sync to. They have unlimited hrs per month too but I don't access the web that much from my Treo.

Bob