Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I originally had the "unofficial" GPRS upgrade version 1.1.1 and decided to install the newly released "official" 1.1.2. All went well and I didn't see any differences between the two. But yesterday and today I noticed that if I connected to CSD/Wireless Internet/Dial Up, I get disconnected in about a minute. For example, when I open the browser it dials up and connects to the website I wish to view. I click one link and it connects, but by the 3rd link I click on, it has to dial up again. I noticed this with email too. Is the Treo timing me out, or is it Cingular?

Is it possible to go back to the original 1.1.1 after installling 1.1.2.? It sure seems like everything was fine until I installed that.

Thanks!!

Kirby
    Sorry, I can't directly help you, but I can say that I upgraded my 270 to 1.1.2 and CSD mode works flawlessly on Cingular. Due to their stupid pricing policies I won't switch to GPRS, but I do think that with the upgrade CSD works more reliably and with better apparent performance (at least here in the Santa Barbara area.)
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    No luck on reinstalling the original update. The ROM is flashed and there is no going back. I am beginning to think that may not be the problem. It may be something with my account. I added an old dialup isp (that I use in case my broadband goes down) and connect with that and it doesn't ever disconnect by itself. Only the Cingular CSD disconnects after a minute or so of use. Weird.

Kirby
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    The problem eventually went away some weeks ago. Never did figure it out.

Kirby