OkThis has started a few days ago and is getting worse. Loss of caller audio, on frankenpre2, running 2.24 sprint franken meta doctor.
- inbound and outbound calls, no caller audio heard over any speaker (BT,ear,back)
- this is on sprint in USA. Skype calls over data and WiFi have no issue.
- no voice mail audio
-system sounds including the "call ended" tone IS audible. It's only the caller audio that's missing
- they hear me fine
- problem is intermittent. Seems no pattern. Can persist after reboot
- using probe button of audio switcher had no effect (idk what this is really)
- uninstalling audio switcher had no effect (wasn't expected)
- Persisted on Sprint after audio was tested functioning correctly over Skype.
- some crunchy sounds instead of caller audio can be heard
- when caller audio does restore it is clear
The first few times it was a brief problem that seemed to clear up after a reboot or just clicking through apps. Tonight it has persisted through all the above testing, and right now I still have no audio from sprint network calls. EDIT: 40 mins later audio has returned. But it was unavailable for about an hour, driving around as well as at home.
Is anyone familiar with this condition? What could it be? Only sprint not Skype? Wtf?
If I run the meta doctor again I have to remove all patches and apps first?
If I want to try to update the modem I need to put it back in the sprint donor pre1?
All suggestions welcome. If I have to build a new franken I'm worried I about the deadline making it harder. (Or would waiting until after it make it easier, ha)
Thanks in advance for any advice.