1.    #1  
    It seems that email and the cingular GPRS upgrade has been discussed before in this thread but I was wondering if anyone has had success sending and receiving at&t worldnet email.

I have had no luck even though I am using the pop3 and smtp server settings given by at&t for using another isp and ssl authentication. I have tried using several different email programs including eudora, one-touch, msgagent,and m/s mail.

Any comments or suggestions would be helpful!
    Thanks
    I know that TreoMail supports it and 2BAnywhere should also support it but these are service type email app that you pay an annual subsription to.
    Does AT&T worldnet use alternate port setting? They do with ATT Broadband and I was able to configure Eudora to send and receive that email. Maybe you are missing something in the Eudora set up?
    Due to the SSL authentication that ATT requires, it limits the options that we have for a stand alone email app for the treo that supports SSL. That's why I use the 2 mentioned above.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Try this set up in Eudora:

Treo E-mail configuration using Eudora 2.1 on the Treo
    When accessing your att worldnet email from another ISP, ports 110 & 25 are blocked, so you must use SSL for SMTP (port 465) and SSL for POP (port 995).

Email Client (Treo/Eudora):

In Eudora 2.1 on the Treo:
    In Account:
    On 'Basic' Tab:
    Return Address = {yourusername}@worldnet.att.net (not case sensitive?)
    Username = {yourusername}@worldnet.att.net (not case sensitive?)
    Incoming (POP) = ipostoffice.worldnet.att.net:995
    Outgoing (SMTP) = imailhost.worldnet.att.net:465

In 'Security' Tab:
    Incoming (POP)
    Authentication = Best Available
    Security (SSL) = Alternate Port

Outgoing (SMTP)
    Authentication = Best Available / Same as Incoming (SMTP)
    Security (SSL) = Alternate Port

This should work.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  4.    #4  
    Thank you for all of the comments. Hooray my email is working now!

It seems I had almost everything correct in Eudora except for the security settings and the pop3/smtp addresses.

Glad I could help!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone