1.    #1  
    Recently got an unlocked AT&T Pre3. I thought if I would use it on aio wireless since that is an AT&T's pre-paid program. Seems to work well but I can not get MMS to work.

I've read aio's page on setting up Android to use their mms, but can't figure out how to do it for my pre3.

Does anyone use a webOS device on aio wireless? Does MMS work for them? If so what are the settings?
    Join date: 07/22/2003 (Going to hold on to my Pixi Pre 3 as long as I can!)
    MMS settings are in the carrierdb.json file if I recall correctly. There are some topics about it here on how to edit it.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    You can edit them in the phone app, as well, under the APN settings.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  4.    #4  
    Right, AIO has the various MMS APN values/settings on their website for iphone and android...I've been trying to piece that together for webOS, but I think the problem has been that I've been testing it by trying to message a Moto X that is on another MVNO that apparently has problems with AIO.

So it might not be an issue with my pre3 at all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif View Post
    Right, AIO has the various MMS APN values/settings on their website for iphone and android...I've been trying to piece that together for webOS, but I think the problem has been that I've been testing it by trying to message a Moto X that is on another MVNO that apparently has problems with AIO.

So it might not be an issue with my pre3 at all!
    Send an MMS message to yourself. You'll know if you can send and receive right away. I've used AIO on Windows Phone which are notoriously difficult to configure and have had success. You can edit MMS settings on your Pre but make sure you save your settings before backing out. If memory serves me correct, it'll say something like "save settings anyway?" or words to that effect.
    you might want to consider using straight talk. it's less expensive and you're on the ATT towers. i can provide the mms config if you switch over. i'm paying $125.99 for 90 days when i get the PIN on walmart.com. i'm getting very good performance on the pre 3.
  7.    #7  
    For anyone who finds this in the future...

I got the AIO mms settings for my pre 3 here...

Mobile Phone Carrier Settings for AIO - United States

The tricky part is that on the AIO website for Android they have "MMS Port: 80" as a separate field which webOS doesn't have...instead you put the ":80" at the end of the MMS Proxy info
    Quote Originally Posted by deibski View Post
    you might want to consider using straight talk. it's less expensive and you're on the ATT towers. i can provide the mms config if you switch over. i'm paying $125.99 for 90 days when i get the PIN on walmart.com. i'm getting very good performance on the pre 3.
    Straight Talk is an AT&T MVNO while AIO is actually owned by Big Blue. On AT&T-branded Androids and Windows Phone devices, no settings need to be changed. Just pop in the SIM and you're good to go.