Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mypalmpred
  1.    #1  
    we moved house and while I loved my $30/mo 5Gb plan from TMobile, I simply couldnt get coverage in the home, even with a wireless booster. So I made the jump to ATT via Net10, and wow, I am getting 2Mb/s on H+ now, and it is a very noticeable difference from the 3G I was getting on Tmobile. I am going to signup for the 2.5Gb autorenew plan for $45/mo, which works well for me and is much less than the same plan on ATT which is $60/mo + tax.
    I get full bars and 4G on my work Blackberry at home through TMobile. I'm a Vzw customer and only get about 2 bars on my Pre3 at home but my wife's GNex gets 2-3 bars of 4G. I have a Veer on Net10 with ATT for the month and I only get two bars at home of H+. Speeds are good though.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    i hope it works well for you. if you do expect to use the full amount of data, you may wish to find a way to keep track of it.

my experience with Net10 was very disappointing, as they throttled me down after a WEEK into my 30 day purchase. They told me I had already used up my high-speed allowance (2.5Gb) but couldn't actually tell me how much data i had used. The internal LIFETIME DATA RX/TX shows only 1.5Gb has been used. But i've been at 2G (.5Mbps download!) for the remaining 3 weeks.

i hope you each have a better experience.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    i hope it works well for you. if you do expect to use the full amount of data, you may wish to find a way to keep track of it.

my experience with Net10 was very disappointing, as they throttled me down after a WEEK into my 30 day purchase. They told me I had already used up my high-speed allowance (2.5Gb) but couldn't actually tell me how much data i had used. The internal LIFETIME DATA RX/TX shows only 1.5Gb has been used. But i've been at 2G (.5Mbps download!) for the remaining 3 weeks.

i hope you each have a better experience.
    the $50 plan that I had to buy for the 1st month of service is capped at 1.5gb of high speed. However, I am applying for $45 autorenew plan on web, which is supposed to be capped at 2.5gb. which plan are u on?

also, is there an app avail that will let me track my usage?
    Quote Originally Posted by mypalmpred View Post
    the $50 plan that I had to buy for the 1st month of service is capped at 1.5gb of high speed. However, I am applying for $45 autorenew plan on web, which is supposed to be capped at 2.5gb. which plan are u on?

also, is there an app avail that will let me track my usage?
    I bought whichever 30 day plan included the 2.5gig @ 4G. i don't remember the $ exactly.

it just expired yesterday. Sim is already in trash. Veer will sleep for awhile. =/

i don't know if there's a data tracking app, but i was using #*786# which accesses the modem's stats that cannot be reset for the life of the phone.
    There's an app called Netstat in Preware that will monitor usage over all interfaces. It is available for the Pre3.
  7.    #7  
    now that I finally have mms working, I am very satisfied with ATT over Net10.
    ananimus likes this.
  8.    #8  
    one month into net10 and I am going to get my wife to switch from att to Net10 (using att's network). it's $45/mo versus $60.
    Just curious why people like Net10 over AIO...they are both using ATT's network, right?
    Join date: 07/22/2003 (Going to hold on to my Pixi Pre 3 as long as I can!)