1.    #1  
    OK, I'm really close to getting my wireless modem + Treo 180 working.

I get to the point where my Win2K laptop is "verifying userid and password". It then hangs. I get a 718 error.

NOTE: This happens if I try a standard dial-up connection with my ISP as well.

My config:
    Win2K SP3
    Wireless Modem on Treo
    The Ir driver for win2k

Created a standard 33.6 modem
    Connection config:
    Speed set to 19.2
    phone # to dial: *99***1#
    disabled IP Header compression
    Modem properties
    Speed set to 19.2
    Extra Init String: at+cgdcont=1,"IP","internet2.voicestream.com"

Wireless Modem Config
    PDA Port: Wireless Modem
    Laptop Port: IrCOMM
    Speed: 19.2 on both
    Did you get any further on this?

Can you describe exactly step by step your settings on tbe Preference > Connection > Available Configuration option.
    You said you created a Standard Modem. What are the entries on this configuration?
    Did you set up also the Preference > Network > Service?
    What was your entries on these?

I am currently trying this wireless modem software too.

Thanks,

Ronnie
  3.    #3  
    Hi. I could never get the WirelessModem software to work properly. I tried a 180 w/GPRS and a 300 w/Vision. No luck on either. I tried serial and USB cables. I tried IR.

I then found PDANet (used to be called PalmNet). It is WAY easier. I'd go that route.
    Thanks for your response. Can PDANet work with serial as opposed to USB? I am currently stuck with serial as my USB is not fully supported by Windows 2000. That's verified after all research and retesting.
  5.    #5  
    Hi. I am using PDANet via USB. I'm fairly sure it doesn't work with serial. I don't understand your comment because I'm using PDANet via USB on Win2K.
    Originally posted by gkaatz
    Hi. I am using PDANet via USB. I'm fairly sure it doesn't work with serial. I don't understand your comment because I'm using PDANet via USB on Win2K.
    I meant that I could not even sync with my USB cable as the USB Host Controller on my PC is not fully certified for Win2K use. HS confirms this as an issue hence recommends serial cable as solution.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Hi. I could never get the WirelessModem software to work properly. I tried a 180 w/GPRS and a 300 w/Vision. No luck on either. I tried serial and USB cables. I tried IR.

I then found PDANet (used to be called PalmNet). It is WAY easier. I'd go that route.
    Where did you download PDANet?
    I need to use IR connection

thanks
    I bought myself a Treo 270 from eBay. That works with my current USB connection. I think HS pulled another one on me by saying that it is my USB that has a problem. It seems that my 180 did develop a USB connection problem but HS could not resolve it.

Anyway, I tested PDANet via USB. It is quick and painless but I could not use it with my Cisco VPN connection as VPN keeps rejecting all data that it receives via GPRS connection.

I could use the Wireless Modem software for the Cisco VPN connection except, I have to use the ATT Global network dialer to dial out.

The connection and response times between PDANet and Wireless Modem does not seem to be significantly different although each machine/telephone configuration/service provider may provide the differences.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    By the way, does anybody know if there's any kind of problem insalling PDANet with a non-english treo 180 O.S.?

I was warned before installing PDANet that it will be incompatible if the treo language is not english. Is this really true?
    When I connect with my laptop using my motorola p280, I have it set as a 56k modem, and a connection speed of 57.6. I also dial *99#, not *99***1#. It seems to work fine, but I have not tried a Treo with the laptop. Is the Treo only 2 timeslots and not 4, that you are using a speed of 19.2?

I have a problem that after going to Windows XP, I don't know where to enter the extra init string. I'll have to research that.