1.    #1  
    just recived my unlocked treo 18o have it working with my fido card (canada)have signed up for the gprs, have downloaded the patch for asia and run it according to the instructions.........how do I tell if it is working properly....it seems to be not on all the time

please looking for help

thanks
    Last edited by ittherapy; 02/05/2007 at 09:19 AM.
    It's Simple really..........
    ...............Forgive
    The signal strength indicator should show an inverted triangle in addition to the indicator bars. If you see this, then GPRS is activated. Don't expect too much from GPRS. Theoretically it is a faster connection, but I haven't seen this. The principal advantage is that it is always on, and therefore the system doesn't have to dial out each time you want to access your e-mail of website.
  3.    #3  
    what about this allways on....does it work the same as the blackberry...if someone sends me an email will it come to me or will I have to seek it out....the blackberry recieves without having to go looking.

thanks

andrew
    It's Simple really..........
    ...............Forgive
    If you subscribe to something like Treo Mail, it will notify you each time you have mail waiting, and you can either collect it then, or have it save it for later collection. There may be other mail programs which do the same. I'm only familiar with Treo Mail.
    Originally posted by ittherapy
    what about this allways on....does it work the same as the blackberry...if someone sends me an email will it come to me or will I have to seek it out....the blackberry recieves without having to go looking.
    no it doesnt work like blackberry you have to tell it to go and get the mail (either manually or through preset intervals). its a pull technology.

blackberry devices are of the push type, it send the email to your device.

wait till you see the treos that run good technologies software!then youll be cooking!