1.    #1  
    Folks. I'm dumping T-Mo GPRS and going back to dial-up. I live in upstate NY and a good chunk of time I can't get the data connection. The $20/month wouldn't kill me if it was there whenever I needed it but it's not so why pay the price.

In any case, does anyone have a recommendation for a free (preferable) or cheap (acceptable) dial-up ISP. I have Time Warner RoadRunner and they support dial-up but the script is hairy and I haven't been able to connect in a while with the Treo.

Other options?

Thanks and I know this question has been asked before so if you have a link to prior posts that's cool!
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Just connect using ISDN to +19132440821 The number won't charge long distance anywhere in the US. Username WAP and password WAP seem to work. The Treo can use this account to send and receive email, browse the web with Blazer and run PQA apps. I use it on the weekend when I have a lot more minutes available.
  3.    #3  
    Hi. THanks for the reply. It connected but I'm having browser trouble.

1. Do I need a primary DNS identified? Should "Query DNS" be checked?

2. What is the init string?

thanks.
    Originally posted by z3bum
    Just connect using ISDN to +19132440821 The number won't charge long distance anywhere in the US. Username WAP and password WAP seem to work. The Treo can use this account to send and receive email, browse the web with Blazer and run PQA apps. I use it on the weekend when I have a lot more minutes available.
    T-Mobile/VoiceStream's ISDN line doesn't seem to work very well with Treos once they've been upgraded to GPRS capability. You can still connect to the server itself but Blazer, PQAs and other apps can't send or receive data.
    Last edited by DarthRepublican; 02/28/2003 at 12:06 AM.
    Originally posted by DarthRepublican

T-Mobile/VoiceStream's ISDN line doesn't seem to work very well with Treos once they've been upgraded to GPRS capability. You can still connect to the server itself but Blazer, PQAs and other apps can't send or receive data.
    This seems to be true of any dial-up service (Earthlink, etc.) once you upgrade to GPRS. In my experience, anyway. Does anyone else have trouble connecting to a non-GPRS data call after the upgrade?
    I've been using Avon's internet service successfully. It's like $12 a month. http://home.avon.net
    I use Earthlink for dial up and I use GPRS with T-Mo. I switch back and forth between the two without any problems.
    m00se
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain