1.    #1  
    There's a new deal over at T-Mo and those on webOS who are in a refarmed area (Sightings of T-Mobile 3G/4G/HSPA+ coverage on 1900MHz (PCS/UMTS band II)) or can wait for refarming (the move of 3G/H+ off the 1700 MHz band and over to 1900 MHz needed by Pre/Pixi devices) might want to check it out.

Seems a good value for families. The more phones you get on the plan the more the savings add up. The GF and I just got onboard. I'm paying a bit more, she's paying a lot less...

The basics:
    • The first phone is $50 a month, the second is $30, each phone added after that is $10 a month
    • This gives each line Unlimited Calls, Texts, and Data
    • Data is high speed for the first 500 MB on each line automatically
    • Add high speed data per line as desired
    • $10 a month gets an added 2 GB of high speed access (total of 2.5 GB high speed)
    • $20 a month adds in Unlimited High Speed Data and sanctioned Tethering with the first 500 MB of tethered data at high speed

They call it, Simple Choice. I think there is good flexibility in there.

Even going alone as a single user plan it saves money over AT&T. Their plan costs $70 a month + data.

Example:
    $50 for my phone
    $30 for the GF's phone
    $20 for my unlimited high speed data
    $20 for the GF's high speed data
    ----------
    $120 a month for two phones or $60 a month each line, unlimited everything and all high speed data with 1/2 a GB tethering at high speed on each line... I'm up from $45/month at Straight Talk, but am no longer at their whim for slow downs ('s'why I left 'em). The GF is dropping down from $100 a month for the same coverage on T-Mobile from a plan started last year...

If:
    $50 for Dad's phone
    $20 for Dad's unlimited high speed
    $30 for Mom's phone
    $20 for Mom's unlimited high speed
    $10 for Daughter's phone
    $10 for Daughter to get an extra 2 GB high speed
    $10 for Son's phone
    $10 for Son to get an extra 2 GB high speed
    ----------
    $160 a month for 4 lines. $40 per line...

You can bring your own phones!!!

They also have a new structure for buying phones. There is no more subsidy. You can always but phones wherever and put them on the service - OR - you can pay a low down payment and add a monthly charge to the bill to pay the phone off. It's pretty expensive to purchase the phones over time, but is an option for someone who can't come up with the full price for a brand new phone all at once.

Examples:
    T-Mobile is the only carrier to have the Nexus 4 in house (16 GB model).
    $49.99 down + $17.00 a month for 24 months = $457.99. Yep that's steep for a phone that costs $349.00 on Google Play, but at least you'll always have an option if you need a new phone in a pinch and don't have the scratch on hand.
    HTC 8x is $0.00 down + $18.00 a month for 24 months = $432.00 or pay that price in full on day one.
    Wanna go it old school? Blackberry Curve 9315 is $0.00 down + $7.00 a month for 24 months = $168.00.

So you begin to see they have lots of options.

You may want to look into it... You may not... I'm just sayin'.

Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Looks nice... Now if T-Mobile had even a smidge of coverage in my area
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    There's a new deal over at T-Mo and those on webOS who are in a refarmed area (Sightings of T-Mobile 3G/4G/HSPA+ coverage on 1900MHz (PCS/UMTS band II)) or can wait for refarming (the move of 3G/H+ off the 1700 MHz band and over to 1900 MHz needed by Pre/Pixi devices) might want to check it out.

Seems a good value for families. The more phones you get on the plan the more the savings add up. The GF and I just got onboard. I'm paying a bit more, she's paying a lot less...

The basics:
    • The first phone is $50 a month, the second is $30, each phone added after that is $10 a month
    • This gives each line Unlimited Calls, Texts, and Data
    • Data is high speed for the first 500 MB on each line automatically
    • Add high speed data per line as desired
    • $10 a month gets an added 2 GB of high speed access (total of 2.5 GB high speed)
    • $20 a month adds in Unlimited High Speed Data and sanctioned Tethering with the first 500 MB of tethered data at high speed

They call it, Simple Choice. I think there is good flexibility in there.

Even going alone as a single user plan it saves money over AT&T. Their plan costs $70 a month + data.

Example:
    $50 for my phone
    $30 for the GF's phone
    $20 for my unlimited high speed data
    $20 for the GF's high speed data
    ----------
    $120 a month for two phones or $60 a month each line, unlimited everything and all high speed data with 1/2 a GB tethering at high speed on each line... I'm up from $45/month at Straight Talk, but am no longer at their whim for slow downs ('s'why I left 'em). The GF is dropping down from $100 a month for the same coverage on T-Mobile from a plan started last year...

If:
    $50 for Dad's phone
    $20 for Dad's unlimited high speed
    $30 for Mom's phone
    $20 for Mom's unlimited high speed
    $10 for Daughter's phone
    $10 for Daughter to get an extra 2 GB high speed
    $10 for Son's phone
    $10 for Son to get an extra 2 GB high speed
    ----------
    $160 a month for 4 lines. $40 per line...

You can bring your own phones!!!

They also have a new structure for buying phones. There is no more subsidy. You can always but phones wherever and put them on the service - OR - you can pay a low down payment and add a monthly charge to the bill to pay the phone off. It's pretty expensive to purchase the phones over time, but is an option for someone who can't come up with the full price for a brand new phone all at once.

Examples:
    T-Mobile is the only carrier to have the Nexus 4 in house (16 GB model).
    $49.99 down + $17.00 a month for 24 months = $457.99. Yep that's steep for a phone that costs $349.00 on Google Play, but at least you'll always have an option if you need a new phone in a pinch and don't have the scratch on hand.
    HTC 8x is $0.00 down + $18.00 a month for 24 months = $432.00 or pay that price in full on day one.
    Wanna go it old school? Blackberry Curve 9315 is $0.00 down + $7.00 a month for 24 months = $168.00.

So you begin to see they have lots of options.

You may want to look into it... You may not... I'm just sayin'.

Define 'Sanctioned Tethering', because I used quite a bit of data last month via freetether at full speed.
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflank View Post
    Define 'Sanctioned Tethering', because I used quite a bit of data last month via freetether at full speed.
    They tell you explicitly you can tether. Your Rep will ask you if you want to tether and they will enable it in the system. At any level it can be enabled but won't be fast unless you pay the $20 Unlimited High Speed for your phone - then you get the first 500MB tethering at high speed (H+ or LTE depending on phone/location on the network).

Since freetether masks the IP of the tethered deice to appear as the IP of the phone, I think all freetether data would be high speed so long as you had Unlimited High Speed for your phone...

Mobile Nations Devotee
  5.    #5  
    Data speeds have been very good.

When I first switched over I was using a Galaxy Nexus which has the 1700 MHz band onboard and is HSDPA 21 mbps capable. Using the SpeedTest.net app I hit the following marks.

Download...............Upload...............Ping
    9.77 mbps...............2.23 mbps........104 ms
    7.65 mbps...............2.05 mbps...........99 ms
    10.75 mbps.............2.13 mbps...........86 ms

Since I have a phone problem (Hi, my name is Robert and I'm a phone addict) I got the Micro-SIM on sign up and had it in the GNex with a SIM adapter. I just knew I would have to get a Nexus 4. I knew I wouldn't be able to help myself. So the Nexus 4 came in and I've been using that. It also has 1700 MHz and is HSDPA 42 mbps capable. Last night the SpeedTest.net app hit the following marks.

Download...............Upload...............Ping
    14.46 mbps...............2.26 mbps........71 ms
    17.47 mbps...............2.22 mbps..........82 ms

Mobile Nations Devotee