1.    #1  
    Is anyone using plain Wireless Internet (CSD) on their Cingular Treo, as opposed to Wireless Internet Express (GPRS).

Can you do anything useful with it? I understand that it's $5/month and Cingular acts as the ISP. Can I get to any site using Blazer or just stuff that Cingular provides?

Has anyone got this going? What is the # that you dial? Username? Pass? Tips?
    If you've purchased a 180/270 with service from Cingular it comes with "wireless internet" or at least it should. This is the ISP that Cingular provides you with to connect to the internet. You can browse the entire web, or at least to the limit that Blazer will allow you to.

In order to activate it you need to create a user name and password at:

http://www.cingular.com/beyond_voice...ess/login_treo

When you run "Configure your Treo" from the HS software it will set up the ISP network settings to connect to my wireless window. After that you simply launch Blazer and it will go to the wireless window home page and you can log in.

Am I answering the questions that you have???
    Originally posted by jchristopher
    Is anyone using plain Wireless Internet (CSD) on their Cingular Treo, as opposed to Wireless Internet Express (GPRS).

Can you do anything useful with it? I understand that it's $5/month and Cingular acts as the ISP. Can I get to any site using Blazer or just stuff that Cingular provides?

Has anyone got this going? What is the # that you dial? Username? Pass? Tips?
    I've got Wireless Internet (My Wireless Window) on my Treo 180 (on Cingular) and it lets you get to any site through Blazer, use email through anyone that you want, etc. It's kind of slow, but usable. I'm not sure about the current rate plans, but I called Cingular sometime last year when they were offering Wireless Internet for free and took them up on the offer...I no longer pay for Wireless Internet as long as I remain a customer.

As for the username and password, it should already be setup when you setup your Treo. There is a special username and password that is only for Treo users; it is completely hidden from view and no real need to know what it is. You might try re-running the setup app on your PC in order to get the connection settings updated for Cingular.
  4.    #4  
    My Treo did not come from Cingular which is why I guess it never got setup properly. ..
    If you have a Cingular sim in your treo and you run "configure your treo" it will create the network settings for you. You will have to call Cingular and have "my wireless window" activated on your account.
  6.    #6  
    Well, I'm almost there. I got it turned on for my account, and I have a working username/password for "Mywirelesswindow".

I re-ran the Treo setup utility and let it download all the newest stuff, synced, etc.

It created a network connection called "My wireless window" (good) but it did not fill in the username and password info (bad). Of course, nothing works. It gives: "Error: incomplete setup. Check phone number and username." I tried putting in the "mywirelesswindow" username and password but it gives the same error.

Here are the settings it created automatically:

Service: My wireless window
    Connection: wireless modem (seems wrong!)
    Username: blank
    Password: blank
    Phone: Wireless

I think I can use my own dialup ISP but I would prefer to use theirs. Any ideas?
    In your network settings, you should be able to insert your user name and password for "my wireless window" it will than change the password to "assigned" everything else that you describe is right. I don't know why it's giving you the error after you insert your user name and password.....
    Try deleted that network setting for "my wireless window" and than run the "configure your treo" again. See if it will allow you to insert your user name and password again.
    It's been so long since I set that up I'm trying to remember what you could be possibly missing.
    Last edited by millerhifi; 02/18/2003 at 11:16 PM.