1.    #1  
    I noticed that my email messages were taking an awfully long time to show up on my Treo 270. I called Handspring tech support, and they explained that there's a 30-minute latency (or more!) between each attempt by the TreoMail servers to ping my POP3 account.

That means that if Joe Client sends me a question via email, then I answer it, then Joe responds with a comment, the whole transaction can take over an hour and a half! Even if we're both sitting at our email the whole time!

Am I crazy? That seems ludicrous to me. Business moves faster than that in the real world. Blackberry uses push technology to get messages through as soon as they're sent or received. Treo is using pull technology and it's just too slow for the real world.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions or solutions that might speed things up and make them usable. Otherwise, I'll have to return this thing before the 30-day MBG runs out.

Thanks in advance for any help!

- Jeff -
    ------------------------------------------
    Please cc any replies to my email,
    jeff@jeffreykorn.com. Thanks!
    ------------------------------------------
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I understand your pain Jeff. But I never have to wait that long. For myself, it is always anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes. I wish it was more immediate, much like a pager. I keep wishing that oneday they will upgrade to a 'push' system.

Kirby
    I strongly recommend giving SnapperMail a try. It can be set to periodically check your email at any interval and their client is very nicely done.

Granted its still not quite a push system, but is much better than TreoMail.

Josh
    Basejet. Still in public beta testing, but has worked well for me so far. Like Snapper, not a true "push" mail program like BB. But can be set to query your inbox at regular intervals and "pull" new mail to your Treo.

Give it a try and see what you think.
    Or you can get sprint business connection. It has IMAP support and true push email. I typically get email responses on my treo before my pc, and replying is of course instantaneous.

-zb