1.    #1  
    I just downloaded a new GPRS upgrade for Rogers customers in Canada - has anyone installed it yet to their Treo. I don't want to install the update until I know that someone else has installed it and it works. What is in the update?
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
  2.    #2  
    By the way the new version on Rogers website is 1.1.2
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    That's weird, because as far as I remember, when the Handspring v1.1 came out Rogers called is v2. Now they release v1.1.2??? Doesn't make any sense.

If you do install it, report back on the differences. I assume it is just Roger's specific stuff, and nothing major.
    Originally posted by Appleman
    That's weird, because as far as I remember, when the Handspring v1.1 came out Rogers called is v2. Now they release v1.1.2??? Doesn't make any sense.

If you do install it, report back on the differences. I assume it is just Roger's specific stuff, and nothing major.
    I have not installed the 1.1.2 yet, but what they previously called v.2 was v. 1.1 and they were either unwilling or too ignorant to correct that error. I was told by Handspring that the new version (presumably this 1.12) would have some bug fixes and bug fixes were sorely needed. Did anyone see the Treo freeze for a minute or two and than come back to life? I've seen that plenty of times and not always while online. Let's hope this new version is much better.
    Has anyone downloaded the Mac version of the update 1.12 and been able to unstuff it? Both the Mac OS 9-10 or 8-9 version? Both .sit files are corrupted and can not be unstuffed. This has happened before and it took about a week before Rogers posted .sit files that can be unstuffed. It's just amazing how competent the Rogers people are.
    Anyone install the new version yet?
    I installed it. I don't see any difference.
    Same here.. no noticeable differences.

Originally posted by Kanuck
    I installed it. I don't see any difference.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Hmmm.....well that is awfully boring. Why can't it have some cool new features that we can brag about to our neighbours in the south
    Originally posted by Appleman
    Hmmm.....well that is awfully boring. Why can't it have some cool new features that we can brag about to our neighbours in the south
    I'd be happy if it fixed those freezes and improved speed. I still can't install it becuase the idiots at Rogers don't know how to make or fix a .sit file, obviously this version is only for PC veenies.
    This was posted on Howardforums.com:

A memo from Rogers on February 2:

We are rolling out the GSM 850 network across Canada with the first sites coming into to service the week of Feb 3, 2003. There is an issue with the current Handspring Treo's when they come into the coverage area of a GSM 850 capable site. The Treo locks up and cannot make or receive calls. There is a new software download v.1.1.2 available free of charge on www.rogers.com/treo that corrects this available today. Treo owners will be notified via SMS to download the software. Please upgrade your Treos and notify customers that are buying Treos that there is a new software upgrade available.

Here is the original link:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...threadid=94827
    somewhere my question vanished into the ether so at the risk of duplicate posting - my question

with the 270 spec'd as 900/1900 how does the wider deployment of 850 improve the situation

One of the reasons I have a 90, was the spotty GSM coverage & quality in the areas I frequent

Will the roll out of broader 850 by Rogers make the 270 a contender for me ???
    Nope the 270 is 900/1900 as you stated. The 850 is another band in addition to the 1900 that Rogers has. A couple of the phones that they have brought out recently operate on the 850 band as well as the 1900.

I don't know exactly how the 850 band affects the Treos, I am just the messenger.
    thanks Appleman Yardie you're the Treo guy - comments ?
    The currect Treos will not work on the Rogers 850 Mhz network. I am a bit puzzled why Rogers would use this band. The predominant GSM networks in the world are 1900, 1900 and 900 Mhz.

Originally posted by Confused
    thanks Appleman Yardie you're the Treo guy - comments ?
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?