1.    #1  
    I think I remember someone mentioning that it didn't work for them a while back but I couldn't find it in a search. Does this feature work for anyone? I have a 270 with the 1.1 patch. Does it work in the 1.1.1 version?

TIA,
    Don
    Whenever I tap on an application that needs the GPRS network, it connects by itself if I haven't already connected that day. I'd say that's automatic.
  3.    #3  
    Alli,

Yeah, that works but the setting would seem to imply that whenever I turn on wireless mode, it would connect automatically. One less step. That's all - not a huge deal, just curious if it works for anyone.

Don
    Originally posted by Don C
    Alli,

Yeah, that works but the setting would seem to imply that whenever I turn on wireless mode, it would connect automatically. One less step. That's all - not a huge deal, just curious if it works for anyone.

Don
    Don,
    This feature has never worked for me either. Once I manually connect, it stays connected all day but for whatever reason the connect automatically feature whenever wireless mode is powered on isn't happening. At least not with v1.1.
    With that little box checked, I get the little triangle when wireless mode is on. Without that little box checked, I don't get the little triangle. I guess with the former, it just recognizes that I'm in a GPRS area. But either way I have to go through the whole connecting-authenticated process whenever I want to tap into the GPRS services.

I use T-Mobile in upstate NY.
    Originally posted by pbryon
    With that little box checked, I get the little triangle when wireless mode is on. Without that little box checked, I don't get the little triangle. I guess with the former, it just recognizes that I'm in a GPRS area. But either way I have to go through the whole connecting-authenticated process whenever I want to tap into the GPRS services.

I use T-Mobile in upstate NY.
    Same thing for me!
  7.    #7  
    Same here (now that I try it.) So I guess it "kind of" works. Doesn't actually connect but recognizes that GPRS is available. Kind of silly, I think (unless someone can think of a good reason they did it that way?)

Thanks to all,
    Don
    Probably so that people who don't have GPRS on their accounts will not have to wait for the Treo to search or recognize GPRS in their area when they turn wireless mode on or return to service from a non covered area.

There is definitely an additional delay when powering wireless on to connect (really doesn't connect, just checks for availability to connect) to GPRS. So if you don't need it, why wait?
    Rob