Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    yes, I went back and read that too after I posted, maybe there is something to it. Sorry for being a negative nancy; I may try it later today myself. The Pre3's back just seems a bit fiddly and delicate, so I've been very nervous about taking it off (so far just twice... once to get the T-Mobile SIM in there, once to swap in the Straight Talk SIM).
    No worries, I was skeptical too about MMS proxy affecting data until I reread that post a couple of times... I'm actually glad someone is getting the same info out of that post as I did.

I think, also, that while you have the back off you might want to do a battery pull as well as a SIM pull... If I remember correctly that was part of what the tech told the OP over at Howard... Of course I can't do a battery pull very easily on my Veer.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Tried the new MMS proxy and still not working.

Edit:
    Hold the phone... Working properly now. Saturday at 6pm? unheard of: I'll keep you posted on the permanence of this.

Edit 2:

It's been working solid since I followed what RumoredNow said.

Edit 3: Nah it broke again. disregard.
    Last edited by kill_Dano; 08/31/2012 at 12:52 PM.
    Service went offline again today.

That DNS name for the proxy is the same as the IP address that we have from the normal instructions, so unless they are changing the IP address of that proxy, and it hasn't yet changed at my name servers, then thats sort of a red herring.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  4.    #44  
    I thought 66.209.11.33 translated to mmsc.cingular.com?

BTW mine is acting up again. I'm trying various things.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I'm seeing the same thing. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Things do sometimes load faster though.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    "The best way to get something done is to begin" ~ Author Unknown
  6.    #46  
    I'm back to the original settings after trying a few tricks...

It is still hit and miss.

Again though, I'm having intermittent problems with my home internet as well (BPL modem + WiFi router) and continue to hear from others that they have sporadic issues with all types of hardware, platforms and browsers.

There is something rotten somewhere and no one has adequately traced and documented it... :d

Mobile Nations Devotee
    It seems to be getting worse. Before it was hit or miss. Now it's just miss. I hope we can get this working soon!
    Mine is going in and out of functioning. CS has called me several times on this, suggesting that contrary to what i've said in my emails, it's not widespread. :-S
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    It's been good for me the past two days (knocks on wood)

I'm in south central PA - Harrisburg/York area.

** EDIT **
    As of Sep 6, worse than ever.
    Last edited by knobbysideup; 09/06/2012 at 11:06 AM.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Going back to Jolt mobile. 15$ less is not worth only having functional internet about 12 hours a week.
    Past 2 days have been good here too
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Going back to Jolt mobile. 15$ less is not worth only having functional internet about 12 hours a week.
    Dude, I'm really sorry to hear your problems have been so persistent. I don't blame you for making a move.

I was about ready to switch when things seem to have cleared up. Toggling data usage off then on seems to offer a quick workaround, but I haven't even had to do that lately.

Best of luck k_D and I hope it works out for you.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    mine seems to be generally behaving itself too.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I finally pulled the trigger and got my sim card today. Got my number ported over and so far so good!
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    I finally pulled the trigger and got my sim card today. Got my number ported over and so far so good!
    Welcome aboard!!!

UPDATE: I'm continuing on with no data problems (Veer and now Pre 2)... However, I have not had a day off work and every day when I go in I put my phone in Airplane mode. So after work I force the carrier to reestablish with me when I exit Airplane mode.

Not a valid test then, but I'm still hopeful that all has cleared up in my area (updates to ST equipment complete) and that everyone else has seen the end of this issue.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Data seems to be working on my device as well.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    The past two days I've had solid data.

I did make one change, and that is to set email to poll every 5 minutes rather than use IMAP IDLE (as items arrive). Perhaps the constant tear-down and re-establish of the imap session helps to act as a keepalive on the straight talk network. This helps keep things running when on wifi overnight as well. WebOS 2.x really likes shutting down its networks with no flowing traffic, despite having open tcp sessions it seems.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Data stopped working for me last night. Hopefully it comes back soon...
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    Data stopped working for me last night. Hopefully it comes back soon...
    The easiest trick is open dialer and select preferences from the App menu. Toggle data use off, then on. That usually does it in short order.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Rebooting didn't work, but I tried airplane mode and that seemed to do it!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast