Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I think charging $9.99 monthly for AT&T Navigator is ridiculous. Sprint offered their navigation app for free and I even paid less on my monthly bill then I do with AT&T. I guess I know how they're padding their profits now.. =\
    Quote Originally Posted by efiniti View Post
    I think charging $9.99 monthly for AT&T Navigator is ridiculous. Sprint offered their navigation app for free and I even paid less on my monthly bill then I do with AT&T. I guess I know how they're padding their profits now.. =\
    I'm going to suggest you pack your bags to Tmo after your contract expires.

I'm on their prepaid plan and the only bad thing is at&t devices typically don't have 3G. This doesn't bother me nearly enough as them telling me I didn't know my original 8100 pearl internally.

At&t doesn't even know their own devices, and that an 8100 pearl originally had no wifi, yet the guy on the phone insisted I was wrong and wouldn't give me direct tcp/ip access.

Told him straight up that I'm not paying them another dime after it expired. Switched to tmobile the same day.

Edit: btw, at&t also tacks on hidden charges for contract customers, hoping they don't look at their bill.

Dozen people confirmed this, and upon a support call, it was promptly credited back to their accounts.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
    Most carriers charge for navigation, except for Sprint.
    I just bought the Ndrive app and I'm good to go. It doesn't ding your data and it works from stored maps on phone so you don't even need a data connection. This is good for areas where cell coverage is spotty or non existent.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Verizon use to charge $9.99 for VZ navigator. After stopping the service and then starting it a month later (because my battery life went to crap with the gps always hunting without the assist signal) the new price is $4.99. It's probably been $4.99 for quite some time but Verizon was content to continue to charge me $9.99 for the service., until I found our otherwise
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflank View Post
    I'm going to suggest you pack your bags to Tmo after your contract expires.

I'm on their prepaid plan and the only bad thing is at&t devices typically don't have 3G. [...]
    Refarming has fixed that in some areas
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Refarming has fixed that in some areas
    The 3G near my house has been decent, though I'd really enjoy the experience more if I could get onto an HSPA signal. It's way faster than Edge though for sure. At the time of that post, I wonder how much reframing had been done.