1.    #1  
    Hello everyone.
    I searches this site, T-Mobile's site and HS site and did not see anything about GPRS update (not upgrade), yet I hear all the time about improvements with the latest update. Any ideas? Thanks, m00se
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by jposin
    Do you mean this???

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/149-1.htm
    Thanks jposin

I did upgrade to T-Mobile's GPRS already. I was asking about an update to the GPRS I have already installed.
    m00se
    There is no update to the GPRS upgrade.
    If you are using the latest version which is v1.1.1 that's it! (this is the T-Mo released version).
    Previous versions were 1.0 and 1.1.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    There is no update to the GPRS upgrade.
    If you are using the latest version which is v1.1.1 that's it! (this is the T-Mo released version).
    Previous versions were 1.0 and 1.1.
    Thanks!
    If your GPRS upgrade is working fine, why are you looking for an upgrade?
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by yardie
    If your GPRS upgrade is working fine, why are you looking for an upgrade?
    I wasn't exactly looking. This updade started as a rumor so I wanted to make sure it was just that.
    m00se
    I just upgraded to GPRS but everytime I try and access T-Mobile I get a Fatal Error message and have to re-boot... then of course it just does it again.

Is there a way to UN-install the GPRS upgrade?

I really don't understand why everything must be so screwed up with these phones; and then have to cruise around ont these boards only to see this happening all around... Is this Treo company on 5 hits of acid?

I'd NEVER EVER buy one again, even though basically I like it -- but there's bound to be something coming along that works much better soon.

Waste of $400 a year ago on this 180 is you ask me.
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by Volanges
    I just upgraded to GPRS but everytime I try and access T-Mobile I get a Fatal Error message and have to re-boot... then of course it just does it again.

Is there a way to UN-install the GPRS upgrade?

I really don't understand why everything must be so screwed up with these phones; and then have to cruise around ont these boards only to see this happening all around... Is this Treo company on 5 hits of acid?

I'd NEVER EVER buy one again, even though basically I like it -- but there's bound to be something coming along that works much better soon.

Waste of $400 a year ago on this 180 is you ask me.
    Howdy,
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the GPRS upgrade. With my experience, posting a tech support request (via email form) with Handspring, helps a lot, and they are quick to respond. And BTW: My GPRS is working great now!
    Click on the link below and scroll down to the form. Good luck! m00se

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...sTSCaseNew.jsp
    I have a Treo 270 which has the GPRS installed but...........

I have noticed it doesn't have the extra features the GPRS Upgrade 1.1.1 or Update has.

1. Should I take the risk and install the newer update.?

2. Is it worth the concern.

I have had no troubles with the device or the GPRS till now and don't think it warrants the risk but maybe someone has a differnet sway on this.

By the way I am in Australia.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

i already have GPRS 1.1 installed and working fine, except for a cursor that appears on the top right hand corner (near the battery icon) whenever I activate GPRS. Question, is there a GPRS 1.1.1 update? I couldn't find it on the handspring website. Any idea what it upgrades?
    The GPRS 1.1.1 is the Australian Region Update to Treo 270

here is the link if your interested:

http://www.handspringaustralia.com/GPRS/index.asp

My concern is if applied to a Treo 270 which already has GPRS will it improve the device or screw it. According to Hnadsprings website it will not matter but I beg to differ as I have lost one device after installation already.

The upgrade failed during the upgrade to the communicator. It could not find it and gave me an Alert State 1. It abondoned the changes to the communicator but still flashed the ROM with the new upgrade. After restart you can't connect to a network or find the SIM card.

Not sure I want to take the risk again with my current device.

Any suggestions.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

thanks for the quick feedback ancient one. I guess i'll take your advice and stay away from the upgrade for now. another question, after installing GPRS 1.1 when i place a call, after dialling a number, the name no longer appears. Did GPRS remove the function or did i miss something?
    I took out my SIM card and let the phone die overnight... when I recharged it the GPRS seems to work (i.e. no "Fatal Flaw" message).

Now the problem is it seems my only option with Blazer is to sign up with T-Mobile... there's no way to set up a regular ISP function as before (which I would get for free)

I really don't use Blazer much anyway, as I'm sure you all seem to... but just for my own information -- the minimum add-on for this is 2MB... can anyone tell me how much approximately I will get out of this useage-wise

OR

is there anyway to disable T-Mobile from my Blazer Network Preferences? The selection is "locked" and can't be modified.

(sorry to sound so cheap but when I bought the Treo I thought I'd be on the road a lot and this function would be useful -- now I find myself working from home so I'm just on line that way)
    Ol' Ancient 1,
    Ver 1.1.1 improvements have been fully tested on the Telstra GSM network - since Ericsson share info between Carriers Voda is probably up to speed. Optus have a defferent switching equipment and are usually 2 steps behind.

In short if a
    Telstra customer - no worries
    Voda customer - probably no worries
    Optus customer - you can always live dangerously!

Or get the TREO 300 and Use the Telstra CDMA Network as it is greater coverage and is CDMA2000/1XRTT capable - way faster than GPRS and no congestion issues due to low customer numbers.
    Has anyone actually tried using a Treo 300 or Telstra Australia's CDMA network?

I thought the 300 was only for the Sprint network in the USA.

I know several people in our office have swapped from GSM to CDMA for better coverage but it would be great if the Treo would work on the network.

Cheers
    VikingBrad