Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I cannot send SMS on ATT.

I don't have the outgoing message center number correct or something?

Can anyone suggest the correct configuration please?

...Terry.
    tgauch@yahoo.com
    ...Terry.
    I have for the SMS Message center: +17057969300

and for the email center number, I have ten zeros.

This will work, but it will not allow those who receive your messages to respond to you, they will have to send to your normal sms address.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    AT&T Wireless users:
    SMS messages sent to email addresses will have a return address of [1+your area code+your cellphone number]@mobile.att.net.
    Incoming email via SMS will have a return address of "SMS Email Gateway," but the body of the message will start with the email address of the sender.
    Messages will be truncated at 160 characters, and unlike normal SMS messages, will not be split into multiple messages; anything after the 160th character will be lost.
    It is often possible to send an SMS message when signal strength is insufficient to support a GPRS connection.
    Also if your email solution does not automatically retrieve mail, consider advising your correspondents to cc your SMS address for urgent messages. You'll only be able to see the beginning of most emails, but it should be enough for you to tell whether or not you want to retrieve the whole message.

Rusty J
    Treo 270 GSM/GPRS on AT&T Wireless (unsupported)
    AOL for Palm 3.0 ("My AOL" inop -- but with Blazer, who needs it?)
    Palm i705 Refugee
    Last edited by Rusty J; 02/13/2003 at 06:16 PM.
    Hi

I just started using my treo 180 with ATT in NYC. It seems to work ok except for a few glitches. I dont get voicemail notification ( also dont get the SMS voicemail notification that apparently is sent for every voicemail). Also cant seem to do dialup connections to the internet. The phone seems to crash occasionily as well. I would like to do the GPRS upgrade but after reading this forum, I am a little confused as to how best proceed. There seems to be 3 gprs upgrades available on the handspring site ( Cingular, T-mobile and Rogers ATT). Are these all different, which should I pick and what exactly is the best way to install this upgrade to ensure it works properly. Also can I remove the upgrade somehow if necessary? Will the upgrade solve any of my voicemail issues? I would love some answers to some or all of these questions if anyone has sometime to help.

Thx

P.S. Are there other sites to get these upgrade or should I just use the handspring site
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    The asian-carrier version is available on this very site (treocentral) and will work when installled as per the directions given - use the site's search function to find it. Best of luck!
    Rusty J
    Treo 270 on AT&T
    Micro Innovations IR keyboard
    Treo 90
    Palm i705 (gathering dust now).
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    ... additionally, the voicemail notification seems to work on mine - though whether this is a result of the GPRS upgrade or not, I don't remember - it's been a while since I did the upgrade.
    Rusty J
    i have been using my treo 270 with AT&T very successfully (phone, sms, and blazer - non-java sites) But was wondering how to access the Mmode features that i have subscribed to... Find Friends for example.

Thanx in advance!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12