1.    #1  
    I am in Tucson for the holidays and am unable to connect on my 270 with GPRS activated. I'm with Cingular and signed up for GPRS in the Monterey, CA area. I have travelled to Southern California, Spokane, WA and Salt Lake City, all of which allowed me to collect e-mail and internet stuff via GPRS. Not so in Tucson. Phone works OK for voice, but times out whenever I try to connect through Treo Mail, Blazer or Xiino. Is GPRS active in Tucson? Or do I have another problem? I've also tried to dial in via my Earthlink account and Wireless Internet set in Prefs, but same thing. No connection and it times out. Can anyone tell me if GPRS works in this area? Oh yes, T-Mobile is the carrier here and that shows up on my opening screen. When I attempt to access any service, I get as far as the "Establishing a secure connection....." message and then it hangs and times out or tells me that the server is not available and try again later.
    Originally posted by jetprop
    Can anyone tell me if GPRS works in this area? Oh yes, T-Mobile is the carrier here and that shows up on my opening screen. When I attempt to access any service, I get as far as the "Establishing a secure connection....." message and then it hangs and times out or tells me that the server is not available and try again later.
    I am in Phoenix, on T-Mobile, and when I have been in Tucson over the last few months, GPRS has worked just fine.
    I am sure that you are already back in california, but GPRS works fine in Tucson. I use it through T-Mobile and my Treo 90/Bluetooth/R520 Phone combo
    Visit us online at www.tdscomputer.com