Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    I don't understand about your logic. All the new smartphone, they are charging $25 data fee. What made you so special? If you really don't want to pay that money, then you should just go back to your old phone, no one is forcing you to use new smartphone. You are not screwed, or maybe we are all got screwed.
    MY LOGIC: My contract expired long ago. I had a "smartphone" that has internet features before and used approximately 20-40mb/mo max 96mb once for years on $10/mo unlimited plan ...now suddenly it's bumped although I am grandfathered into that plan and despite insistance, they refused to restore it... I am investigating other providers incl. but not limited to CONSUMER CELLULAR which has cheaper plans and no contract. I have a second fone on the plan for $10/mo shares minutes and has data "shut off" for $0/mo data.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    MY LOGIC: My contract expired long ago. I had a "smartphone" that has internet features before and used approximately 20-40mb/mo max 96mb once for years on $10/mo unlimited plan ...now suddenly it's bumped although I am grandfathered into that plan and despite insistance, they refused to restore it... I am investigating other providers incl. but not limited to CONSUMER CELLULAR which has cheaper plans and no contract. I have a second fone on the plan for $10/mo shares minutes and has data "shut off" for $0/mo data.
    The upshot of it is ATT categorically refused to do anything. I have a trial of Consumer Cellular on the way which, if it is good, should save me half of my monthly bill which is good reward for wrangling with those thieves...
    well there's certainly nothing wrong with complaining that AT&T is charging too much, but your original post seemed to blame HP or Palm or the phone which probably caused some poor responses.

Consumer Cellular looks interesting if your usage matches their available plans. You might also consider other AT&T MVNO's like H2O Wireless and Good2Go Mobile. Of course eventually AT&T gets most of the money anyway, so if you're really set on 'sticking it' to the theives at AT&T you could go with T-Mobile or Simple Talk (a T-Mo MVNO), but then you lose 3g/4g data and are relegated to 2.5G EDGE data only (as the Pre3 lacks the radio bands for 3g/4g on T-Mo); not too bad an option if you data usage is light since the cost is lower.
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 11/12/2011 at 08:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenfan View Post
    nope.. Verizon doesn't automatically add data to your plan.
    Yes they do. You can't have a smartphone without a data plan.
    So once again why are you blaming anything on HP? Maybe you should have done a little research before you spend money on a phone? Or then you wouldn't be able to come *****.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I haven't bought a phone on contract since my Treo 680. My wife has a Nokia N8. I have had unlimited data but they increased the price, so it is now $30 as I recall. My wife has the $10 dumbphone deal. She doesn't go over 100mb/month ever. My son has an Iphone on contract and he is able to opt for a $15/month plan that has a cap of 200mb. (Somehow he exceeded that and is back on the 2Gb plan at $25/month.) Perhaps the OP gave an AT&T rep his IMEI to be able to use the AT&T hotspot for tethering? I called to ask about that program and they said they just needed the IMEI to enable it, I said no thanks and went to Freetether....
    I too would call or go online and get back to the dumbphone plan, use the previous phone for a day, and then just put the SIM back into the pre3. A long as you don't use a ton of data why should they care?
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    at & t def has the ability to detect known imei ranges. I had an iPhone 3G for a year with no data before they randomly detected it and added the smartphone package.
    Palm Centro -> Palm Pre- -> HTC Evo 3D SPRINT
    iPhone 3G -> HP Veer Black -> HP Veer White AT&T
    Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer Black -> HP Pre 3 (UK - Unlocked 8gb) AT&T
    HP Pre 3 (US - AT&T 16gb)
    HP TouchPad Black 1.2GHz 32GB
    HP TouchPad White 1.5GHz 64GB
    HP TouchPad Black 1.5GHz 32GB AT&T

(You have no idea what I would do to get a TouchPad Go)

Obviously I have a problem (see above). . .
    And it has nothing to do with more cowbell. . .
    <<thread moved>>
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles21 View Post
    I switched my service to tmobile today and it is the best thingies ever did. Their rates are super lowand the network is super fast. Getting over 10 mbps and only paying 79.98 for two lines. Much better than I got with Sprint .
    no pre3 with 1700mHz, so you got a different fone, I spoze...
    yes, I don't see the relevance of this post. no webos phone of any sort will get 10mbps data on t-mobile usa. maybe 1/50th of that speed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12