1.    #1  
    I am a TMobile customer in the US. Will be in Egypt & Rome, Italy in the next few days. Have the following questions. TMobile is unable to answer these questions. Want to know your experience:

1. I have GPRS service in the US. Can I use it in Egypt and Rome. Do they have GPRS in Egypt?

2. How does the billing work when u roam in Europe or Egypt? Do I have to pay extra or will it be covered by my US TMobile GPRS plan?
    Originally posted by muralin
    I am a TMobile customer in the US. Will be in Egypt & Rome, Italy in the next few days. Have the following questions. TMobile is unable to answer these questions. Want to know your experience:

1. I have GPRS service in the US. Can I use it in Egypt and Rome. Do they have GPRS in Egypt?

2. How does the billing work when u roam in Europe or Egypt? Do I have to pay extra or will it be covered by my US TMobile GPRS plan?
    Your US Treo uses GSM: 900/1900

You must be able to roam onto a compatible local network. Go to http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/index.shtml to check networks for any country. You get charged very high rates for international roaming. Charges are per minute and there may be a setup charge to turn on the service with TMO. (If the Treo was a tri-band instead of dual-band, this would be a no-brainer)
    T-Mobile told me that a subscriber can use GPRS if the system roamed onto is one of theirs. If you go to their website, they list the countries where they have a system presence. In those places, you are supposed to be able to use GPRS. I do not believe Italy and Egypt are on the list.
    Originally posted by boardoe
    T-Mobile told me that a subscriber can use GPRS if the system roamed onto is one of theirs.
    Probably so, but the networks still must be the same
    >TMobile is unable to answer these questions. Want to know your experience:
    <

Since wireless came to the Handheld, VS/Tmobile has been behind the curve.

Getting a simple question answered about services they supposedly provide has always been like pulling teeth.

Your best bet: call four or five times, hope at least one CSR is experiences and knows what they're talking about. Or ask for a supervisor. Of course, that usually doesn't work either.

Then you can give them a phone #. And tech support promises to call you back. They wind up calling on your cell phone instead of the number you give them. Leave a voicemail. Start all over again.

The ultimate answer: one day T Mobile will have competition in my area and it will be a goner.