Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    so did everyone see that T-mobile now offers 500 anytime minutes, free nights and weekends, and unlimited data, for $59? (only for the sidekick of course)

I'm hoping this is a sign of things to come for treo users. but you know how that goes.
    Local T-Mobile Store Rep told me I can not take the sidekick's SIMM out and drop it in my Treo or GPRS PC card to enjoy the unlimited data. She said it's not a physical limitation in terms of getting at the SIMM or the dimensions of the SIMM, rather their network is supposed to be smart enough to stop this type of use.

Anyone know if this is true. Sorry if this is a repeat question.

Thanks,
    HRB
    Originally posted by rbrar
    Local T-Mobile Store Rep told me I can not take the sidekick's SIMM out and drop it in my Treo or GPRS PC card to enjoy the unlimited data.
    It's true. The Sidekick relies heavily on special servers to do a lot of pre-processing... that's one of the reasons why it's relatively cheap. As I understand it, if your SIM is configured for the Sidekick, T-Mobile will route all the GPRS traffic through the Sidekick server. If you're not using a Sidekick, that won't work, therefore your SIM can't be used in any other GPRS device.
    <I>Do not attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.</I>