1.    #1  
    I find that if I don't actually use gprs for a few hours, I have to turn the phone off and on again (disconnecting the GPRS) to get it to work once again.

Anyone have any luck holding a connection for more than a few hours of no use? Or overnight?
    Works fine for me. TMO in Houston. Treo 270.
    I can leave my Treo 270 onto the GPRS network for over a day. Until I decide to cycle the wireless mode on to off, etc.

Sometimes, my phone goes into "No Service - SOS mode only" or something like that.

I can't make a call, but if I'm on a current call from before my phone status changes, I can keep talking.

What gives?

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    My GPRS will run 24 hours...yes, I had to try it just to see if it would. Even if my signal strength cuts out of service and comes on again, GPRS stays with me. I have to turn the radio unit off or purposely disconnect.
  5.    #5  
    to all of you who say it works - have you installed the t-mobile update? or are you using the older, unauthorized one?

and I'm in NYC, so maybe there's an issue there...
    I waited until the official release to get my GPRS. I'm going to be traveling from one coast to the other and overseas over the next month, including NY. I'll let ya know how it goes.
    Official release. I travel quite a bit from coast to coast. No problems.
    Originally posted by bigmdime
    to all of you who say it works - have you installed the t-mobile update? or are you using the older, unauthorized one?

and I'm in NYC, so maybe there's an issue there...

I'm in Westchester using the 'legal' T-Mo update, and Yes, I lose the GPRS connection after some time (few hours, minutes - it varies).

Coverage here is spotty, and my first guess is that when you lose the phone signal, the GPRS disconnects - but I've left the GPRS on overnight in one spot, and in the morning, GPRS is disconnected.

This seems to be a local T-Mo issue, as the other posters don't seem to have this problem.

Michael
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by mfacelle

I'm in Westchester using the 'legal' T-Mo update, and Yes, I lose the GPRS connection after some time (few hours, minutes - it varies).

Coverage here is spotty, and my first guess is that when you lose the phone signal, the GPRS disconnects - but I've left the GPRS on overnight in one spot, and in the morning, GPRS is disconnected.

This seems to be a local T-Mo issue, as the other posters don't seem to have this problem.

Michael
    I'm thinking it's a NYC thing too.
    If I leave it on all night, I find that it has disconnected by the morning, however, it does stay connected all day for me...
  11.    #11  
    So I spoke to t-mobile this morning - they told me that it's normal for the gprs to disconnect you automatically if you don't access data for some period of time (a few hours?).

This doesn't seem right, does it? I thought it was "always on."
    There's always on and then there's always on. If you need it to be on 24/7 (why, I cannot imagine!), use an e-mail app that polls every hour automatically. Then your GPRS will be accessed and it won't disconnect you. This does seem random, though.