1.    #1  
    I happened to notice this morning that KB Tracker shows that I used 68 KB since my last radio reset. I had not used GPRS (T-Mobile) for anything other to connect from the System Pref. Corrections screen as I do each morning. I have Treo Tools set to turn my 270 on and off each evening and morning. I disconnected from GPRS and then re-connected again and KB Tracker logged 32 KB more. This begs the questions:

1. Does the simple act of connecting to T-Mobile GPRS go against my monthly allotment? If so one would use almost half a 2MB plan simply connecting each day for a month.

2. Why is there a difference in the amount of KB's used to connect each time? I would understand that if I were connecting to an actual website or checking email, but all I am doing is telling the 270 to connect.

If my observations are correct, then it is a mistake to turn the phone off at night. This of course could have other ramifications on battery life and that little blinking green light. I don't know what else is being used when the Treo is on but not being used but there must be something that is wearing out. My guess is that I will replace it long before that happens but it is interesting.

Eric
    where do u do u download KB Tracker for treo ?
    Everytime I connect to GPRS, KB tracker only shows 1KB (or less) or something like that. Definitely not 32KB!.

Disconnecting from GPRS shows 0KB.

The KBTracker log is consistent with the bill that I receive from my telco.

So, your problem seems to be a bit of a mystery to me.

BTW I reside in Asia. Your Telco may operate differently?
    Originally posted by xaix
    where do u do u download KB Tracker for treo ?
    http://www.pdaapps.com/KBTracker/default.html
    ....Or does it work with any GPRS?...
    Thanks, m00se
    Originally posted by m00se
    ....Or does it work with any GPRS?...
    Thanks, m00se
    Works with any GPRS.
    Originally posted by pete123

Works with any GPRS.
    Thanks. Now if I only knew what the numbers stand for...how many KBs are in 10MB?...
    m00se
    Originally posted by m00se

Thanks. Now if I only knew what the numbers stand for...how many KBs are in 10MB?...
    m00se
    1MB = 1024KB
    10MB = 10240KB

1MB = 1024KB
    10MB = 10240KB
    Wow: Thanks!!!

1MB = 1024KB
    10MB = 10240KB
    Wow: Thanks!
    OK...I Downloaded KBTracker but now I can't delete it... help! m00se