1.    #1  
    I installed the GPRS update and used GPRS for a few days, then discontinued the plan with T-Mobile.

Ever since then, I've been unable to use CSD. When I try to go to the NETWORK screen in PREFS, I get the error: "The Network Library is Not Available."

What gives? And do I need to do a hard reset, or does anyone have any other ideas?
    this just happened to me today... i think due to aim, all of a sudden, my 270 crashed and i'm getting datamgr fatalalerts - line:8589. I can't do a soft reset since every time I do one, this error comes up. I can do a warm reset, but when i do this, i can't access the net since when going to my network prefs, i get the same error as you - network library not available. when i try to launch aim, i get the line 8589 error again.

what can i do? do i need to hard reset? i hope not...
  3.    #3  
    I did a hard reset, and now stuff works.
    BUT... I also reinstalled AIM.

I do wonder if AIM is the culprit for the occasional fatal errors I've gotten over the months. I don't even use it that much. Perhaps I'll just delete it.
    which version of AIM? I just installed an older version - 1.0 - cause it's free and the other one seems to cost money now.
    Yes, The problem is with AIM 1.1, If you do a warm (safe reset) and remove the AIM application then a regular reset, you can avoid a hard reset. As far as AIM 1.1 costing money, I posted the links previously for AIM 1.1 free directly from AOL, AIM 1.1 from a link on AOL to the Handango site for 19.95, and for the free AIM 1.0 U.K. version.
    heres the thread with links.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=28457
    Please remember the 1.1 version is known to crash the treo. And some have posted a problem with the 1.0 version also. I really am starting to appreciate ICQ alot due to it's integration with SMS and email plus it seems very stable.

Update; It seems that the link in the older thread linked to from here is now redirected to hamdango for $19.95 . Use the Link Alli posted below for the free U.S. 1.1 version Thanks Alli
    Last edited by mindhammer; 12/13/2002 at 12:13 AM.
    I just posted on the other thread as well...not sure if it's the same aim you're discussing here, but try this one:

AIM
    Never mind about the U.K. 1.1 link above, after installing it I find that it is actually still U.K.1.0
    So if you want to try the 1.1 Alli posted it seems to be the U.S. 1.1 (actually has a smaller file size then the U.K. 1.0 file). If you have trouble with datamngr corruption from 1.1 remove it and try the U.K. 1.0
    Originally posted by mindhammer
    Never mind about the U.K. 1.1 link above, after installing it I find that it is actually still U.K.1.0
    So if you want to try the 1.1 Alli posted it seems to be the U.S. 1.1 (actually has a smaller file size then the U.K. 1.0 file). If you have trouble with datamngr corruption from 1.1 remove it and try the U.K. 1.0
    i installed the 1.0 uk version... i'm gonna see how it runs first.

thanks
    i every one . I've got the same pb as you but i'm using AIM. I think that my problem comes using the graph from Trafficstats when i was online. I try a soft reset but each time i erase a program and do a reset the treo crash :-( The only way I found was to do an hard reset and a hotsync just after. I think that we can start a list of program crashing the Treo with the GPRS UPDATE ...