1.    #1  
    For any who might be interested, I have managed to get my hands on a couple of the brand new Sony Ericsson P800 phones. I'm keeping one for myself and selling the other on ebay. The SE P800 is an outstanding phone! In a mater of minutes I was able set my phone up to check email via GPRS, pair my bluetooth headset, take a digital photo, and start webserfing!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...943413054&rd=1

Any questions, please contact me: hdavidson@ecsonline.net

Don't worry, i'm still going to keep my Treo 270 as a backup!

Hamish Davidson
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hdavidson; 12/05/2002 at 05:05 PM.
    Expensive!
    Almost $1600 when announced street price is around $700 (dixit a friend who works for a phone retailer group in Europe).

Expensive!
    Almost $1600 when announced street price is around $700 (dixit a friend who works for a phone retailer group in Europe).
  4.    #4  
    I agree the phone is very expensive. The price is high for several reasons: The phone is not officially released and probably wont be readily available until around March 03 or much later. Also, this package includes about $500.00 worth of development software and accessories. Lastly, the phone is contract free (no discount based on service activation.)

Obviously, the price is not going to be acceptable to most people but for a select few people who want to be the first to have this awesome device, its worth every penny.
  5.    #5  
    FYI - Phone sold.

Thanks.
    sheer robbery...I'll bet the bid was a shill....

Ideawizard
    Not really. This is what people are paying for this phone. Hang out on howardforums.com and you will see this. This particular developers model is being sold from Sony-Ericsson for around $1600 currently.

I'm sure some people would have paid this much for a Treo months before it would have come out.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by ideawizard
    sheer robbery...I'll bet the bid was a shill....

Ideawizard

You should really do some research before you make statements like that!
    Just because you can ...does not mean you should. this is a destructive form of opportunistic price gauging...and I did my research by the way.
    IdeaWizard,

This is what capitalism and economics is all about (supply and demand). The maximum amount I would pay for any phone is $500 USD.

Originally posted by ideawizard
    Just because you can ...does not mean you should. this is a destructive form of opportunistic price gauging...and I did my research by the way.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?