1.    #1  
    Aloha Hawaii Treo owners,

What's your experience with GPRS so far. I've been following Stanward's posts and so far I'm not that impressed.

Any advice? Am very anxious to get connected during the next two weeks. Simply waiting for the bugs (if any ) to be ironed out.

I have friends with the Treo 300 and they are enjoying their Sprint 3G and $10 monthly unlimited access fees. I agree with Stanward, T-Mobile sucks big time with their GPRS rates!

..... but we no have choice brah!

Mahalo!
    Ed
    If I find that I use the GPRS a lot on the Treo 270, I will jump over to Sprint. I rarely do any travelling, and know that Sprint is stable in Hawaii, same chances of getting dropped calls as T Mobile.

I am upset at T Mobile for giving me a bad answer on why I don't have GPRS service. As I mentioned earlier, they said the 2MB/month plan is not enough for the Treo 270, so that is the reason why I'm not getting GPRS service. That doesn't make sense, as if I go over, I am willing to pay the extra overage.

I told the customer rep to change it to 10MB/month, which is a lot more expensive, $19.99/month!!!!!! At that rate, I could activate another cell plan for that much and give to my girlfriend or something.

I don't see why T Mobile doesn't drop their GPRS rates, at least from $19.99/10MB to $10/10MB.

Stan
    about to switch over to Treo 300/Sprint
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    I just tried the GPRS connection just for kicks(I still didn't have the GPRS icon on my handset) and it worked! I got on.

I don't know what websites to surf on the GPRS, so I just went to mobile.treocentral.com and tried ebay, since I did see someone on the Treo 300 forum bid on stuff.

Horribly slow, I am too used to road runner.

Stan
    I just updated my Treo 180 yesterday and signed up for the 10MB plan. It is a bit expensive.

I have not a problem with using Blazer accessing sites like Yahoo, TreoCentral, Edmunds, etc. I even logon to ebankoh to check my account.

Of course the speed is not RR, but it is alot better than dialing into an ISP.

So far, I like it. I'll find out over the next month if it is worth the extra 20 bucks a month. Also trying to use Wireless Modem to hook up my laptop. Gonna see how that goes.

Joel
  5.    #5  
    Mahalo for the info.

I think I will try it (GPRS) for a month.
    Ed
    I have good news and bad news.

Bad news is first: T Mobile raping their customers from behind with their 10MB/month/$19.95. What a huge ripoff!

Good news: I used the GPRS in Honolulu, Washington DC and in Seattle Washington with all good connectivity!

Stan
    Bad news first: T Mobile is raping their customers from behind with their very expensive GPRS plan:
    10MB/Month/$19.95.

Good news: Used GPRS successively in Honolulu, Washington DC and Seattle Washington.

Stan