Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I have used both the GPRS 1.1 and 1.1.1 upgrades on T-Mobile USA and have been unable to access the T-Zone Menu to access MyT-Zones and MyE-Mail. Has anyone been successful in accessing T-Zones?
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    What's the URL?

I haven't been able to connect to getmorespeed.t-mobile.com (or getmorespeed.tmobile.com)
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by UniPalmer
    What's the URL?

I haven't been able to connect to getmorespeed.t-mobile.com (or getmorespeed.tmobile.com)
    Good question. The WAP address is wap.voicestream.com per the T-Mobile Help documentation on their WEB Site. This the URL hardcoded into many T-Mobile handsets.

I have also tried getting to the proxy addresses getmorespeed.tmobile.com and getmorespeed.voicestream.com without any success.

I really would like to access the MyEmail service on T-Zones as it allows access to Outlook Web Access.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

The short answer is that T-Zone does not work on the Treo series. The T-Zone is a "closed" system designed for WAP phones. Blazer can access public WAP sites, but it cannot access private ones such as those in T-Zone.

Originally posted by JHETZEL

Good question. The WAP address is wap.voicestream.com per the T-Mobile Help documentation on their WEB Site. This the URL hardcoded into many T-Mobile handsets.

I have also tried getting to the proxy addresses getmorespeed.tmobile.com and getmorespeed.voicestream.com without any success.

I really would like to access the MyEmail service on T-Zones as it allows access to Outlook Web Access.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by yardie
    The short answer is that T-Zone does not work on the Treo series. The T-Zone is a "closed" system designed for WAP phones. Blazer can access public WAP sites, but it cannot access private ones such as those in T-Zone.

I agree that T-Zones is a closed system to the public and that may be in fact the issue that prohibits myself and others from accessing it. However, I do think that being a T-Mo customer, subscribed to the T-Mo Internet Plan, using the T-Mo approved GPRS patch and connected to the internet via the T-Mo internal network that we should have access to T-Zones. What we should have access to and what we really have access to are two diffrent things - but in the end they should open access to T-Mo Internet customers.

I will continue to pursue with T-Mo CS. I have an e-mail into them and I encourage others to e-mail them. If they see a demand then maybe they will move faster.

Jim

JHETZEL,
    I would love to use this to access service, but can't find it documented anywhere. Can you point me in the right direction?

{sorry to everyone else for taking us off topic a bit}
    Originally posted by yardie
    The short answer is that T-Zone does not work on the Treo series.
    I'm beginning to think that it's Blazer, not Treo per se. Has anyone tried to get T-Zone with Eudora or other browsers?
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by euangel

JHETZEL,
    I would love to use this to access service, but can't find it documented anywhere. Can you point me in the right direction?

{sorry to everyone else for taking us off topic a bit}
    If you are a T-Mobile USA subscriber do the following:

1) Go to www.t-mobile.com
    2) Register yourself
    3) Once logged in, click on the My T-Zones link
    4) From there you should be able to see a TAB called MyE-Mail.

Once you get to MyE-Mail the service is pretty well documented. What I find that is really good about this is it is the only service that actually tabs into the Outlook WEB Access app so that a desktop redirector is nnot needed.

The bad thing is I still cannot access it via my Treo. I works on my PC and a Motorolla P280 handset - but still not Treo.

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by elysian9

I'm beginning to think that it's Blazer, not Treo per se. Has anyone tried to get T-Zone with Eudora or other browsers?
    Actually I do beleive it is a network or site configuration issue on T-Mobile's side since I cannot display the pages at all. Perhaps it is a firewall issue on their side. I have tried the XIINO browser without success as well.

Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Head over to www.t-zones.co.uk. This site works fine on Blazer (which does wap).

No for an explanation... Blazer is a wap browser, but it uses its own gateway, that does html to wap, web reformulation and image conversion. Since the US T-zones wap gateway is behind a firewall, you can't get to it from Blazer as such. The answer is to use a full feauted wap browser on the Treo. I haven't checked them all out yet, but you need one where you can set the wap gateway to wap.voicestream.com, with the ip address 216.155.165.50.

This might work, though I have heard that the US T-Zones site is not actually WAP, but whtml, abastardized version of WAP. I have an Ericsson T68i, and have not been able to access the US site with it.
    Once you get to MyE-Mail the service is pretty well documented. What I find that is really good about this is it is the only service that actually tabs into the Outlook WEB Access app so that a desktop redirector is nnot needed.
    I just have a basic T-Zones account, and the only option I have is to set up a POP account. I don't see any options to set up Outlook Web Access. Does it require one of the T-Mobile Internet plans?