Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If so,
    Where are you located and what upgrade version are you running v1.0, 1.1 or 1.11?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Wow, this is my 500th post!
    I must have way too much time on my hands!
    Surprised my family has not abandoned me yet!
    using version 1.1.1
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I have had no GPRS connectivity since Wed Nov. 27th around 8am. I am using the "unofficial" 1.1 with the modified CurrentCarrier.PDB
    I have been using v.1.1 from this site for over a month with good success until last week. Cingular GPRS has been down for the past week in CA and NV. It just came back up for me at 0800 PST in SF.
  5. Kan
    Still cannot connect today.
    I can't connect either. :-(

Los Angeles
    "Unofficial" 1.1 w / modified CurrentCarrier.PDB
  7.    #7  
    Has anybody been able to connect yet?
    I'm willing to bet that Cingular has modified the network settings for GPRS and now anyone of us running the treo with gprs upgrades v1.0, 1.1, or 1.1.1 can no longer access gprs!
    We cannot modify the settings as they are locked and we can't have Cingular correct it, cuz it's not supported (thus probably the reason for them doing this!) and we can't get help from HS cuz our warranties are void! Ummmm!

Anybody know what the gprs network settings currently are for Cingular?
    GPRS for Cingular has been back up and running since last Friday here in the SF Bay Area. I'm still using the original v.1.1 patch found here at TreoCentral with the Carrier database file as supplied. Under Network, you need to choose Wireless Internet Express. You need to tell Cingular that you want Wireless Internet Express (GPRS) activated ($6.99 for 1024K of data).
    Once you are provisioned, you should get the small triangle next to the antenna symbol. Launch Blazer, and your Treo should be able to connect (no special settings for the Cingular WIE network settings-they are actually locked). If you haven't done so, you need to go to www.mywirelesswindow.com and sign up as a Cingular user. You will then get an SMS on your Treo with your temporary password. You will need to unlock service on your Treo (in Blazer at the Cingular home page) and on the mywirelesswindow page. Be sure that you have 'accept cookies' enabled in Blazer so that Cingular remembers your login info. Works like a charm for me.
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by jposin
    GPRS for Cingular has been back up and running since last Friday here in the SF Bay Area. I'm still using the original v.1.1 patch found here at TreoCentral with the Carrier database file as supplied. Under Network, you need to choose Wireless Internet Express. You need to tell Cingular that you want Wireless Internet Express (GPRS) activated ($6.99 for 1024K of data).
    Once you are provisioned, you should get the small triangle next to the antenna symbol. Launch Blazer, and your Treo should be able to connect (no special settings for the Cingular WIE network settings-they are actually locked). If you haven't done so, you need to go to www.mywirelesswindow.com and sign up as a Cingular user. You will then get an SMS on your Treo with your temporary password. You will need to unlock service on your Treo (in Blazer at the Cingular home page) and on the mywirelesswindow page. Be sure that you have 'accept cookies' enabled in Blazer so that Cingular remembers your login info. Works like a charm for me.
    I have been using GPRS since the 1.1 upgrade was released in Oct. Worked great, no problems! Haven't been able to connect since last wednesday. Cingular tech support says that there are no problems or issues and everything looks good on their end!
    What gives?
  10. sib
    jposin says:

"You will need to unlock service on your Treo (in Blazer at the Cingular home page) and on the mywirelesswindow page. "

Any clarification on this? I can get the CSD (dial-up) connection to work, but not the GPRS connection. I have called Cingular and had them add GPRS to my account. I do get the black triangle on the device screen. I have an account at mywirelesswindow. I don't see any place to "unlock service" unless this was something that I did months ago when I originally set up the mywirelesswindow account.

Is it possible that the Treo has the wrong pw stored and is having an authentication failure? If so, how would I change it, since the network preferences are locked? Has anybody tried to install the GPRS upgrade twice?

S
    I'm with millerhifi. Everything worked fine in LA for the last 1 1/2 months or so until last week. It just stopped connecting!
    I'm not sure how to help you folks. I trust that you can still use Wireless Internes (dialup) and authenticate. You all should be seeing the default Cingular home page in Blazer. You all need cookies enabled to keep your name and 4 character password for login. If this works fine, try switching back to Wireless Internet Express in your Network settings and see if you can relaunch Blazer. My problems here in the SF area have been with intermittent GPRS service (manifested by time-outs when trying to Sign on). I have not had to fool with any settings. I have made multiple calls to Cingular CS and they have reported to me significant problems with GPRS in CA and NV. I even got them to give me a $6.99 credit for the month's GPRS service, given the lack of availability.
  13. sib
    Yeah, I can use the Wireless Internet (CSD / 2G) just fine. The Wireless Internet Express gives no joy. I can cycle between them repeatedly and have the same outcome, even turning off the radio and turning it back on.

So, simple question: Has anyone installed the GPRS upgrade <strong>twice</strong>?
    Just tried it again and it works in Los Angeles using 1.1. After more than a week being down.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I am also in Los Angeles and I cannot connect. I will keep trying.
  16.    #16  
    Originally posted by tcc
    Just tried it again and it works in Los Angeles using 1.1. After more than a week being down.
    What part of L.A are you able to connect from? It's still down for me through out the San Fernando Valley and Santa Clarita Valley.
    Originally posted by millerhifi

What part of L.A are you able to connect from? It's still down for me through out the San Fernando Valley and Santa Clarita Valley.
    Hmm...I was connecting from downtown Los Angeles. Tested it with Worldmate and Xiino.
  18.    #18  
    Finally, it's up in the San Fernando Valley! Thank God!
  19. Kan
    It's working for me finally. Although I woke up this morning and my Treo wouldn't come on at all. I had to jump into the car and plug it into the battery charger. I guess my battery drained last night.
  20. sib
    Just to follow up, I bit the bullet and re-installed the upgrade (twice). Third time was a charm, getting all the settings right. I'm now able to connect to the GPRS network. Hoorah!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast