1.    #1  
    Hi, i know voice calls in canada with t-moble cost 49 cents a minute. no matter what plan you have. is there also a roaming charge with GPRS?

thanks
    i was in toronto earlier this week. my SP is T-Mobile in the US. GPRS roaming worked flawlessly over Microcell. no issues.
  3.    #3  
    and you dont have to pay extra? that's great. what's about SMS msgs? do you have to pay extra to send them to canadien users? thanks
    have not received my bill/surprise

SMS also worked flawlessly.

TMobile says that SMS send/receive msgs r free (i have $2.99 500-msg plan) while i roam any where in the world.

can any1 else validate this?
  6.    #6  
    just the info i was looking for. thanks.
    TMobile says that SMS send/receive msgs r free (i have $2.99 500-msg plan) while i roam any where in the world.

can any1 else validate this?
    Short answer is Yes, BUT, look here for my long post about this same subject (SMS)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=24461

Happy Trails!
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    How did you CONNECT to GPRS - did you select T-Mobile Internet and let the treo figure it out? Or did you have to input settings manually?
    didnt do anything different. used GPRS in Milan, Rome, Toronto, and Ottawa. Used the std T-Mobile Internet. worked flawlessly.
  10.    #10  
    I roamed on Fido, but still just connected to GPRS with my old settings. T-Mobile Internet