1.    #1  
    I successfully got PQAs running on my treo after 3 months of trying using my GPRS connection. Even though it was hard and required I beam some files (using FileZ) from my Palm VIIx, it acutally works. Face it, some things are only avaialble in these PQA's so I needed this to work. Too bad Handsping didn't provide this.

Anybody interested in knowing how to do this?
    Man, you could have saved yourself a lot of pain by doing a search on here. This has been covered a few times.

This site here: http://www.golddave.com/palm/howto/u..._palm_vii.html provides all 5 files that simply have to be hotsynced.
    I'm new to the Palm world. Would somebody care explaining me what is so great about PQAs or direct me a site explaining this? (Couldn't find it on the site where the install instructions are)

Thanks in advance.
    They are Palm Query Applications. They tend to be faster than just browsing to a website.

For example, if you wanted to do a phone number lookup off a directory website, you would have to go to that website, load the front end, and enter in your query. With a PQA, the front end would already be written for that specific directory service, and would be an app on your device. The only data being sent would be your query and the results.

In my experience so far, I have found that a lot of the PQAs are out of date, and are limited in their functionality, compared to their website counterparts.
  5.    #5  
    That's great that someone already had this figured out. I ran several searches on the web and found nothing. I only joined this forum a few days ago. Thanks for the information.

I use the PQAs mainly for Yodlee which does not have a good mobile site. It requires java script and is really slow with tapliner to load. There are other PQAs that are really quick and give me just what I need instead of burning up to 100k in data on t-mobile for some graphics to load. I know you can turn graphics off though. Its just nice to have some of my Palm VIIx Pqas back.
    Originally posted by Mol
    I'm new to the Palm world. Would somebody care explaining me what is so great about PQAs or direct me a site explaining this? (Couldn't find it on the site where the install instructions are)

Thanks in advance.
    Here:
    http://www.intranetjournal.com/artic...04_11_01a.html

Concepts: Web Clipping and PQA

A Palm Query Application (PQA) is an application that can be installed on a Palm in the same way as any other application. It is like a special mini-Web application:

It is made up of a set of pages and images stored locally on the client side.
    It can send a query to a Web server that will send back a page in the form of a Web Clipping.

For the definition of a Web Clipping, just reverse the order of the above sentence: a Web Clipping is a page sent by a Web server in response to a query from a PQA.

Web Clipping pages and PQA pages are HTML pages; more precisely, they use a subset of HTML 3.2. To be read by the Palm, the HTML pages are compiled.

The local PQA pages are compiled by the Query Application Builder (QAB) tool before the application is installed on the device.
    The Web Clipping pages are compiled on the fly by a Palm.net proxy.

1: The PQA requires a page that is not stored locally, and sends a query via the Wireless network (BellSouth for the USA, for example). The packet containing the query is compressed.

2: The query passes via a Palm.net Web Clipping proxy, which translates the compressed packet into an HTTP query to the Web server.

3: The Web server sends back a Web Clipping. This page may be either static or dynamic.

4: The proxy compresses the HTTP response and sends it to the Palm client.

Does this help?