1.    #1  
    After about 10 hours of trying to upgrade (five attempts) I give up. The first attempt failed, and no subsequent efforts have had any affect. Guess I'll be calling Handspring Friday.

<sigh>.

(Thank goodness I didn't eBay my Nokia!) Thanks to all on this site for troubleshooting tips, but they didn't work for me

Cheers,

Jim.
    ALL YOUR PIXELS ARE BELONG TO US
    Hi,

I know how you feel. I spent a lot of time trying to upgrade my Treo 270 and it failed. I tried many tricks, and with no success I called Handspring Tech Support. I tried everything before the tech support rep could tell me what to do! I tried everything in the book.

I had to go out and buy a Nokia 3390 so I have something to use, especially since I have a business trip coming up on Dec. 1.

Stan
    refurbished Handsprings should go in the trash

Originally posted by pixelsRZen
    After about 10 hours of trying to upgrade (five attempts) I give up. The first attempt failed, and no subsequent efforts have had any affect. Guess I'll be calling Handspring Friday.

<sigh>.

(Thank goodness I didn't eBay my Nokia!) Thanks to all on this site for troubleshooting tips, but they didn't work for me

Cheers,

Jim.
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
  3.    #3  
    Decided not to wait for Friday. Sent an email late Thursday night (Thanksgiving holiday in U.S.) to Handspring support.

Surprisingly, I got a reply only a few hours later with suggestions for various restart/backup/restore options. Tried them. They didn't work.

After a couple more rounds of email, including trying the ResetRadio app, they advised me to contact Handspring Wireless support by phone. I did, prepared to pay the $20. But, after answering a few questions, I've got a replacement unit coming! It WAS a hardware problem after all, and they waived the $20 fee.

In the meantime, I'm back to sporting my VisorPhone...

Here's hoping the replacement will be in good shape...

Jim.
  4.    #4  
    Just got my second replacement. It died too... Frustrated, desperate, disappointed,

Jim.