Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Hey All,

I was wondering if anybody's ever gotten the Wireless Modem application to work with GPRS and their Windows laptop through the IR port.

I've tried many different configurations but it always hangs or times out after getting to "Verifying User Name and Password".

My settings:

Laptop dialer session:

Number: *99***1#
    Name: <blank>
    Password: <blank>
    H/W and S/W Flow Control: Off

This configuration worked previously with a normal CSD (dialup ISP) connection but I've had no luck with a GPRS connection.

Anybody else have success or have any ideas?

Thanks,

bostonGuy
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Bump...

Anybody??

Has nobody tried connecting their laptop using GPRS?

Thanks,

bostonGuy
    Do a search, there are a couple threads active on this right now.

Here's one:
    http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...threadid=28537
    I have... I'm using Linux, and this is what my chatscript looks like...

Code:
    ABORT RING
    ABORT BUSY
    ABORT "NO CARRIER"
    ABORT VOICE
    ABORT "NO DIALTONE"
    ABORT "NO ANSWER"
    "" ATZ
    OK at+cgdcont=1,"IP","internet3.voicestream.com"
    OK ATDT*99***1#
    CONNECT \d\c
    This is for T-Mobile VPN. For T-Mobile Internet, use internet2.voicestream.com. For other providers, use your APN.
    bostonGuy,

I am trying the WirelessModem now and am interested in pursuing what you have started.

Can you give me what you have set up on the Preference > Connection and the Preference > Network to get your session started?

I was able to set the Preference > Network but getting the Laptop to connect is a challenge.

I will keep you advise on my progress.

Thanks,

Ronnie
    When I changed my PPP settings from the username and password from <blank> to my T-Mobile website information, it worked.

Everything else I did is the same as you, though I'm on Mac using USB.
    -- Go Illini!
    You are the man!! I've been trying to get a Treo 270 with GPRS working with Mac OS X 10.2.6 via USB for a week. After changing the login and password to my T-Zone setting, it works for the first time! Wow, I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, they all tell you to leave it blank. Thanks again!!

Originally posted by chrisfoster
    When I changed my PPP settings from the username and password from <blank> to my T-Mobile website information, it worked.

Everything else I did is the same as you, though I'm on Mac using USB.
    your welcome. I noticed that nobody mentions it too. Took me a while to figure out. Happy to contribute.

Little offtopic, but I noticed that with you connect with internet2, t-mobile down-parses all the images you get with http. don't know about internet3.
    -- Go Illini!