Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    I upgraded from version 1.1 to 1.1.1 everything went pretty well. Now when the network connects it says Voicestream not T-mobile. Everything still connects and works so its not a big deal. Does this information come off the Sim card or is is it in the Carrier List

Thanks,
    That's odd. We have 3 Treo 270's in the family and they all now say T-Mobile after the upgrades (which so far have been flawless).
    I think what you are seeing is the service that you're connecting to. If you travel into a Cingular area you'll probably see it change to Cingular. I suspect that the service in your area hasn't updated completely from Voicestream to T-Mobile.
    Hi Emajy,

Where are you located? City, state. I have not seen this problem either and I suspect the previous poster is correct that somehow the network in your area is still transmitting Voicestream as the network name to the SIMs.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    I am located in Freehold and Woodbridge NJ. It did occassionally say T-Mobile prior to the upgrade I just figured it was a carrier file issue. We shall see. It does not effect the functionality at all.
    My wife and I are on a Cingular plan. She has a Nokia phone and I have a Treo 270. On our last two trips, while in any T-mobile service area, my Treo said Voicestream and her Nokia said T-Mobile. Go figure.