1.    #1  
    Okay, I decided to be a total geek and sign up for T-Mobile GPRS, even though I have no job-related need for the service, and don't even access the 'net that much on my Treo.

What swayed me was that -- by signing up a few days before the end of my billing cycle -- I can enjoy 40 megs of data throughput for about $7. :-D

That's the $34.99 plan for 5 days. Since those 5 days straddle two billing cycles but the meg allotment is not cut (as confirmed by sales rep Jennifer), this works out to a sweet deal.

Er, at least for 5 days of fun!

After that, I'll almost certainly turn GPRS off <sigh>.

I did verify that there's no penalty for discontinuing GPRS service at any time, and it'll be turned off immediately upon request (no needing to wait until another cycle).

I'll report more here after I test out GPRS. Though, alas, after 5 minutes, still no GPRS on my Treo. She did mention that it could take from 2-24 hours, though.

Oh, and one other interesting note. I got a particularly friendly/chatty rep who apologized for confusion (on info we customers get from reps, and on being forwarded, etc.) but apparently T-Mobile's done some major layoffs and closing of departments and facilities, so peoples' jobs have been dramatically shifting as of late. Ack . Given this, and the fact that the T-Mobile reps have ALWAYS been cordial and kind when I've spoken with them, I do hope that all of us (understandably frustrated) Treo-T-Mobile folks are courteous in our conversations with T-Mobile people.
    Originally posted by ThatAdamGuy
    Oh, and one other interesting note. I got a particularly friendly/chatty rep who apologized for confusion (on info we customers get from reps, and on being forwarded, etc.) but apparently T-Mobile's done some major layoffs and closing of departments and facilities, so peoples' jobs have been dramatically shifting as of late. Ack . Given this, and the fact that the T-Mobile reps have ALWAYS been cordial and kind when I've spoken with them, I do hope that all of us (understandably frustrated) Treo-T-Mobile folks are courteous in our conversations with T-Mobile people.
    At least the T Mobile reps are way nicer than the Sprint PCS reps!!!!!!!!

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]