1.    #1  
    I had mine fail on me last night. I posted a similar topic on the Treo 270 section.

My phone is hosed, and so did the Handspring tech support say so too.

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    Mine failed too! Handspring is sending me a new 270. However, mine is still usable in the meantime - just no GPRS. Interestingly, the Voicestream name changed to T-Mobile during the upgrade. No data loss, thank goodness. I'm worried - mine was a 270 that never had a problem - no backlight failure, no pressing of buttons when closing, no speaker failure, etc. Wonder what the new one will be like? I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Andrew
  3.    #3  
    I'm waiting for my replacement as well, being in Hawaii it'll take a while, and this is urgent!

I know this replacement will be a refurbished unit, hopefully it won't crap out on me!

My unit is 100% unusable. The battery would drain very quickly, and keep in mind, the unit is not searching for a network(wireless mode off)

Stan

Originally posted by Andrew-NYC
    Mine failed too! Handspring is sending me a new 270. However, mine is still usable in the meantime - just no GPRS. Interestingly, the Voicestream name changed to T-Mobile during the upgrade. No data loss, thank goodness. I'm worried - mine was a 270 that never had a problem - no backlight failure, no pressing of buttons when closing, no speaker failure, etc. Wonder what the new one will be like? I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Andrew
    My update failed as well. I've got another unit on the way. Being late in the day, though, by the time I got around to doing the update, I'm hoping it goes out today so I get it tomorrow. Otherwise, with the holiday, it may be friday or later before I get it!!!

I'm worried about getting a refurb, too.
  5.    #5  
    Did you get your replacement Treo 270???

I'm still waiting for mine, since I'm in Hawaii. Last chance for me to nab the Treo replacement before I fly out to DC is on Friday, tomorrow.

Stan
    Need as much luck as I can get when using the Treo 270

Originally posted by tommygreen
    My update failed as well. I've got another unit on the way. Being late in the day, though, by the time I got around to doing the update, I'm hoping it goes out today so I get it tomorrow. Otherwise, with the holiday, it may be friday or later before I get it!!!

I'm worried about getting a refurb, too.
    My 180 is toasted as well. I haven't been able
    to use the cellphone part of it since the
    upgrade was applied. After following Handspring's
    suggestion of a hard reset, it was no better.
    Now, after trying to reapply the patch, I can't
    even get the unit to do a hard reset. And, to
    top it off, on the Friday after Thanksgiving
    (when many people are home and have time to
    deal with this crap) the premium support line
    isn't even staffed!!!!
  7.    #7  
    So far so good. Done the GPRS upgrade and everything works fine and dandy now!

However, I do not get the GPRS icon on my unit. Will have to investigate this matter later.

I can now use my phone on my business trip for the next two weeks. I will, however, carry my new Nokia 3390 for safety precautions

Stan
    wish Handsprings were as reliable as Nokias