Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area and sucessfully downloaded the GPRS update last evening. "T-Mobile" instead of "Cingular" was now showing on the top banner and I was to wait 24-hours for my service to fire up. This morning the top banner shows "No service - SOS only" I checked the SELECT NETWORK option and the only available network was AT&T Wireless. I checked a couple of other T-Mobile phones and they were also down due to "No service" and their network settings had changed to AT&T Wireless. A T-Mobile tech said AT&T was possibly doing upgrades which interferred with T-Mobile units and that all I could do is wait until the phone "reconnects" with T-Mobile.

I know T-Mobile sucks like Sprint but did AT&T gooble them up for Thanksgiving?
    Had this problem with T-Mobile about 6 months ago in New Orleans. Cingular upgraded their towers and they interfered with all dual and tri-band phones on the T-Mobile network. It's a matter of the right tech accessing the right options to take back their own airwaves. New Orleans was without service for almost a month!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    It's just like a Dilbert comic strip. I'm in sales and I asked one of the tech geeks (yes, he actually knows how to use a slide-rule) about the TREO and the GPRS update. He told me to go outside in the sun and try to reconnect. Duh, it worked. Got the "T-Mobile" banner, the "triangle" over the signal strength bars and the "left and right arrows" when surfing.

Thank goodnes for Dilberts.