Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Some more reasons to stay away from Sprint:

- limited / expensive roaming in the U.S.
    - no roaming outside the U.S.
    - limited / expensive to check voicemail away from phone (I think)
    - lack of true international SMS ability
    Hey guys,

I just got off the phone with a T Mobile service rep. She said I couldn't access the internet via Treo 270 GPRS is because I am signed up for the 2MB/month 'net access. I don't get why that would prevent me from getting a GPRS connection, just to gain internet access.

Now I'm signed up with the $19.99 for 10MB/month. What a rip off. I don't see any reason why T Mobile wants to charge $20 for 10MB a month when Sprint has $10 for unlimited.

!!!!!!!
    BEST REASON to go to Sprint: $19.99/mo for T Mobile GPRS and $10 for Sprint Vision.

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    Can anyone enlighten me on disadvantages to Sprint PCS with unlimited Vision?

Here are a few, but I need more to confirm me staying with T Mobile:

1. Sucky customer service
    2. no SIM card to put in a reliable(Nokia)phone when the Handspring unit craps out
    3. less talking minutes for the buck
    4. no customizable ring tones(polyphonic for Treo 300)

Some more reasons to stay away from Sprint:

(5) - limited / expensive roaming in the U.S.
    (6) - no roaming outside the U.S.
    (7) - limited / expensive to check voicemail away from phone (I think)
    (8) - lack of true international SMS ability

1. True, al in all, sprint has been much better than voicestream was to me customer service wise (pre t-mobile) but thats not saying much. I guess I am just used to not expecting much help from big companies.
    2. True
    3. I don't think this is true. Maybe compared to cingular or something, but I think sprint plans offer more anytime minutes than the t-mobile ones (I get 300 anytime minutes + unlimited nights and weekends + unlimited data for $40/month). I believe my friend who has a sidekick pays $40 for 200 anytime minutes, unlimited data, and only 1000 weekend minutes (not even night minutes).
    4. I have tons of different ringtones on my treo now that I know how to do it. Got a great Dr. Who theme for the primary tone
    5. I am not national enough to say for sure, but I know my phone works almost anywhere up and down the westcoast without, and up in the northeast, and east coast of the US and I don't get billed for offnetwork roaming (ie, its just my regular minutes). Other phones may be better. Its not a top priority for me.
    6. I can roam in canada, but its pricey.
    7. I can always just dial my phone number, hit * when my voicemal comes up and put in my password to check my voicemail, so the only cost there is the cost of the phonecall you need to make to your cell.
    8. Sprint sms is weak. It sucks, i hate it

One ting I want to add:
    9. Sprint's website SUCKS, is slow, and is constantly down.

-zbose
    3. I pay $40/month for 600 anytime minutes and unlimited night and weekend minutes.

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12