1.    #1  
    Just upgraded my fith 270 to GPRS 1.1 the only problem that the two GPRS/VPN network connections from T-Mobile are missing. Does any one know a trick to get those connections into my network connections, aside from manually configuring them my self, ie. internet2 or 3voicestream.com?
    Set up a new network connection...

Service: WhateverYouWant
    Connection: GPRS
    User Name: Not Needed
    Password: Not Needed
    APN:
    for T-Mobile Internet: internet2.voicestream.com
    for T-Mobile VPN: internet3.voicestream.com
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I tried the above method for T-Mobile and it still does not work. still get the same error as with the built-in T-Mobile accounts. "The GPRS connection has failed or GPRS has not been enabled on your account. If the problem persists..." then the Error: connection timed out. Please try again. (0x1231) I know that GPRS is enabled on my account because i can access T-Zones from my Motorolla V60 (still haven't found my Treo to be stable as a phone yet!)
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    I have the tzone service with t-mobile and can access it via my v66. I figured out that I need to true internet access and add $20 bucks on my monthly bill for it to work with my treo. Apparentlly the t-zone is just for phone access.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    so now...i just want to make sure, for sure! you've added the $20 a month internet access to your account and it works now. you can now connect using GPRS on your Treo?!
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I think this subject needs clarifying. T-zones uses the apn wap.voicestream.com (hard coded into many T-mobile phones, which is why the voicestream.com domain is here to stay!) The ONLY port that can be passed through this apn is 9201, the port used by a wap gateway. So if you really want to use a Treo, you need several proxy servers listening on port 9201 that forward to 80, 25, 110, etc. I once tried this with an installation of Scout Web, and it worked, but it is impractical. Just buy the GPRS that uses the Internet2 apn and you'll be fine. I use the Treo, an HPC with a Merlin G100 GPRS pccard, a T68i and a T39, all with GPRS on both apns and everything is working. Of course it is expensive, I fully expect my latest T-mobile bill to be more than $100! I need wireless internet though and that's the price of convenience! I wish T-mobile would offer an unlimited plan for the Internet2 APN of say $15/month, I think alot more people would sign up.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    that's a lot of explaining, but it doesn't really answer my question. I have a Treo 180g. I have T-Mobile (voice) with the $10 2M addition plan. I want to connect via GPRS using my Treo like it seems everyone else here can. I shouldn't need any other hw or sw to do this. So if i've downloaded and successfully installed the GPRS upgrade and I've got the additional internet access on my account, why can i not connect? Now i just today had the internet servcie added, so it's possible it hasn't kicked in yet, so i'll give that a day. But I don't understand all this talk about extra hardware and software and proxy servers!!! Can anyone just put it in plain english for me?
    I have just setup the TMobile GPRS and it is working great for web - blazer and for downloading email. I am using my ISP account settings and was able to send and receive using the wireless modem feature and the Mailer program from electricpocket.

What is the SMTP server name? Should I still be using Mailer or should I be using something else?

Thanks!
    I am able to input the smtp server of mail.voicestream.com and it VERIFIES as being good. When I go to send mail, it acts like it is sending - but then gives me an error that it can't RELAY. I am using mindppring.com as my ISP.