1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Standard syncing using my PC works fine. BUT, when I try to reload a page with Avantgo from my treo 270 it always gets stuck at the "Awaiting Response" stage.

This has happened with GPRS and with wireless dialup to my ISP. Note, Blazer works in both these cases. Also, this worked with my Visor Deluxe and wireless modem before. It seems to be a specific Avantgo+Treo270 issue.

-->Could someone with a Treo 270 who has had success reloading pages on the go, post their "server preference" details? I'm wondering if something has gone wrong in my set-up. <--

Any other people having this problem?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Stoph
    Go to the AG Connect application and click Options, Proxy Settings.

HTTP: getmorespeed.voicestream.com Port 8080

SOCKS: getmorespedd.voicestream.com Port 1080

That should be all you need. Connect to GPRS and you can use AG Browser for everything. I find it to be faster than Blazer. Plus, you can read hotmail with it (thus not requiring Xiino).

Good luck!
  3.    #3  
    BladeZ, thanks for the suggestion. It did not work for me, but gave me some ideas. Might be restricted to use by voicestream customers and I'm not one.

BladeZ wrote:
    >Go to the AG Connect application and >click Options, Proxy Settings.

>HTTP: getmorespeed.voicestream.com >Port 8080

>SOCKS: getmorespedd.voicestream.com >Port 1080

Also, I assume that the SOCKS address you listed had a typo in it and should read "getmorespeed" not "getmorespedd" (although I tried both ways).

---------

Next I am going to see if o2 has a similar proxy server available or if Avantgo has any suggestions.

If anyone else wants to know the outcome, post here.

Stoph
  4.    #4  
    I was able to use BladeZ's suggestion after I looked up the DNS values for the names he suggested. So, I used:

HTTP:
    Port

SOCKS:
    Port

--------------------------------

I decided to find out if I could do this with O2 (my mobile service provider's info) and I can with their official DNS entry.

HTTP:
    Port

SOCKS:
    Port

--------------------------------

So, setting up the proxy-server as your mobile provider's DNS seems to do the trick.

Ta,

Stoph
    Originally posted by stoph
    I was able to use BladeZ's suggestion after I looked up the DNS values for the names he suggested. So, I used:

HTTP:
    Port

SOCKS:
    Port

So, setting up the proxy-server as your mobile provider's DNS seems to do the trick.

Ta,

Stoph
    Thanks Stoph! Your settings worked perfectly.

- LL
    (t-mobile : NYC)
    Can you get yahoo mail with AG? I have it installed but don't see the option on Yahoo's page.

Also, with AT&T things work well with reloading pages from the GPRS connection. It is very quick, much quicker than Blazer. Just wish I could get ciorporate Workstyle stuff to work with that browser.