Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Just confirming some existing posts.

Just upgraded to GPRS 1.1 last night and found that you must have a "T-Mobile Internet Plan" and not the "T-Zone Plans". T-ZONE plan will not work with the Treo.

The T-Zone plans are are geared only for phones and not PDAs. This is unfortunate because the 10 MB T-ZONE Plan is $9.99 while the 10 MB T-Mobile Internet Plan is $19.99. I see no reason for the price diffrence, but obviously T-Mo does....

On a positive note, the T-Mo reps I spoke to last night and the one I spoke to this morning both advised that the Internet service could take till Thursday to be active due to problems and backlogs on their side. However, as soon as I hung up the phone with the rep who switched me to the T-Mo Internet Plan, my treo worked!

Speed is better than CSD, but not blazing fast. GPRS seems to highlight the difficiencies in Blzer more. I guess I will try XIINO and some other WAP browser geared for Palm OS.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    They let me have the 10MB T-Zone plan for $9.99 and it works fine with my Treo. But as far as they are concerned I have a Motorola P200 phone.
    Hmm.. To confirm though, you use this plan to reach all web sites, not just WAP sites? If so this is a nice loophole...just tell them you have a phone instead.
    TM
    Give me a website that is non wap and I will confirm.

I can access our workstyle web server wireless.allstate.com which i believe is no WAP ... not sure though.
    Heck, just try going to ANY site... www.google.com, www.smilezone.com, etc. If it works, you're set. If not, you're not!
    I can get to Google.com loads very quickly!
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by KSUJace
    I can get to Google.com loads very quickly!
    I think you are very lucky or T-Mo just took me for a ride. I signed up for the T-Zone $9.99 plan and could not get my Treo to work with it. As sson as they switched me to the Internet plan everything magically worked (i.e., Blazer and BaseJet.).

I am curious to here what other T-Mo customers are paying for GPRS...
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I just checked with T-Mo and they told me that my 39.99 plan with the 2.99 T-Zones addition is what i neet to access the internet from my 180g. so i'm setup for access. but i have never been able to connect using the built in T-Mobile account for GPRS. so there is no need for an additional internet account with them. i don't understand how others with the same plan as myself are able to connect? what can i tweak on mine to connect?!
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste