1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    After successfully upgraded my treo180g to GPRS 1.1, I am no longer able to hotsync via infrared.
    USB cable works.
    I know that the PC is ok, because I can IR sync my wife's palm500. and the IR port is ok, because I can transer programs and items between the two palmos devices via IR.

I tryed soft and hard resets without any changes.
    Did anyone experienced the same problem?
    Any solution?
    Many thanks.
  2. smm
    I have the same problem and still looking for solutions. My computer recognizes that there is IRComm machine but does not go any further.
    Originally posted by ferring
    Hi all,
    After successfully upgraded my treo180g to GPRS 1.1, I am no longer able to hotsync via infrared.
    Two questions ferring,

1) Did you run the GPRS 1.1 upgrade through a IR sync ?

2) Does your Beam feature still work ?

I have a friend in U.K. who did a IR upgrade to GPRS 1.1 and that fried his IR port he can still do a usb hotsync though.

Luckly he's in Europe and eligible for a replacement, I hope you are not in U.S!!

Good Luck.
    I am using GPRS 1.1 and the IR hotsyn doesn't work for me either. I went to Handspring and they told me the IR signal is a little bit weaker than before when you upgrade to 1.1. He told me some of the users solved the problem by updating the IR Windows driver. He tested my Treo 180 with an Acer notebook and it worked. However, the manufacturer of my notebook doesn't have any update for the IR driver. I have to stick with my USB cable from now on.....
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Xenoepist

Two questions ferring,

1) Did you run the GPRS 1.1 upgrade through a IR sync ?

2) Does your Beam feature still work ?

I have a friend in U.K. who did a IR upgrade to GPRS 1.1 and that fried his IR port he can still do a usb hotsync though.

Luckly he's in Europe and eligible for a replacement, I hope you are not in U.S!!

Good Luck.
    Thanks for your information.
    1) No, I did it as suggested through the USB cable
    2)Yes, the beam works ok between two palm devices
    (3) No, I'm in Italy

As suggested in some other post, there may be a weaker signal, but I am a bit surprised, because I hot sync within 2cm from the IR port (actually the antenna lenght)

I think I will call the support (hope they dont need to replace it, as it whould be the fourth ...

Thanks all.
    Mau.
    I got the same problem.
    Treo 180 GPRS Update 1.1 installed
    Compaq Armada E500 with Windows 2000
    As suggested above I updated the infrared driver on the Notebook from SMC IrCC Version 4.10.1999.2 to Version 4.10.1999.4.
    Guess what? It didn't solve the problem.

Note: Before and after the IR update it was obvious that the notebook needs around half a minute to notice that there is an infrared device in range. That's strange.

Does anybody know more?
    I have done the GPRS upgrade on my Treo 270 and IR synching is stillworking very well. Not sure if it's related to the 180, but my 270 works fine.
    Even the people from Handspring cannot solve this problem, I have to use the USB cable from now on. May be this problem only happens on 180s.....too bad!!
    I have a Treo 270 and after upgrading to GPRS 1.1, my IR sync no longer works. I rang Handspring and they said that GPRS upgrade would not have affected the IR sync, so sent me a replacement Treo. The first thing I did was check that IR sync worked on the new Treo - it did. So I installed the GPRS 1.1 and voila, IR sync no longer works on the new Treo as well !!!

I have just discovered another thread which gives the solution:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=29730
    Last edited by sandw; 12/01/2002 at 09:02 AM.