Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

    FYI. Please use the link for the rest of the article.

    Your very truly,


    Jay

    Sprint Offers AT&T Spectrum Solution Without Merger

    By REUTERS, June 20, 2011

    http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/...gewanted=print

    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - AT&T Inc could greatly expand its network capacity for a fraction of the cost it plans to shell out to buy T-Mobile USA, Sprint Nextel said on Monday.

    Sprint, a vocal opponent of the deal, said it would present the Federal Communications Commission later on Monday with a technical analysis detailing the actions AT&T could take to improve its network without acquiring T-Mobile USA.

    The proposed merger, which requires FCC and Department of Justice approval, would concentrate 80 percent of U.S. wireless contract customers in just two companies -- AT&T/T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  2. #2  
    Actually building out its network properly, go figure that idea might have escaped the "brain trust" over at AT&T...
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by AT&T Spokesman
    An AT&T spokesman responded by criticizing Sprint's transfer of its network management to Ericsson. "A company that has outsourced the management of its own network shouldn't be giving advice to others."
    He's right
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Actually building out its network properly, go figure that idea might have escaped the "brain trust" over at AT&T...
    Hi, LOL, LMAO,

    Take care,

    Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AT&T Spokesman
    An AT&T spokesman responded by criticizing Sprint's transfer of its network management to Ericsson. "A company that has outsourced the management of its own network shouldn't be giving advice to others."
    He's right
    Is he? I thought all they outsourced was the network maintenance, not the actual planning and deployment?
  6. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #6  
    of course they should. it means they ran the numbers and felt expanding with partners to be much cheaper and cost effective, while building value to more people. it doesnt mean sprint is lazy, it means they actually ran through the numbers with a limited budget to find the best solution.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Is he? I thought all they outsourced was the network maintenance, not the actual planning and deployment?
    Have you seen sprints planning and deployment strategy?

    CDMA
    CDMA+iDEN
    CDMA+iDEN+WiMAX
    CDMA+iDEN+WiMAX+GSM(they wanted to buy tmobile)
    CDMA+iDEN+WiMAX+LTE

    Either way 4 possibly 5 different networks

    Now that's what I call a strategy ... Smh

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  8. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #8  
    they want tmobile for the spectrum, not the tech
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    they want tmobile for the spectrum, not the tech
    Either way 4 diff standards

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    they want tmobile for the spectrum, not the tech
    Um..

    They want T-Mobile for those 40 million subscribers, which will place them at the #1 carrier spot of 3 major carriers, AND with a monopoly of GSM based cellular service in the US.

    There is one intention here, and its not hard to see: huge price increases with decreased services for those prices, so that they can contiinue to grow their revenue, at the expense of the consumer.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Um..

    They want T-Mobile for those 40 million subscribers, which will place them at the #1 carrier spot of 3 major carriers, AND with a monopoly of GSM based cellular service in the US.

    There is one intention here, and its not hard to see: huge price increases with decreased services for those prices, so that they can contiinue to grow their revenue, at the expense of the consumer.
    They were talking about why Sprint would want T-mobile, not why AT&T wants T-mobile.

Posting Permissions